• Chapter One •

Amelia's POV

Ten years later...

"Wake up Amy! It's time for breakfast!" Kyle yelled. My youngest cousin leaped onto my bed before bouncing up and down on top of my legs.

"Kyle, get down! You're going to hurt her!" Exclaimed my aunt, as she rushed to the side of the bed, dragging Kyle down by the ear. "Behave!" She yelled at him, as he mumbled that he was 'just playing'.

I smirked, as I patted him on the head before he scampered off to do his usual antics. My aunt shook her head and giggled as she sat down on the edge of the bed. "So, are you excited?" She smiled broadly at me.

I looked at her confused and she laughed once more. "Don't tell me you've forgotten already?"

I just sighed as I fell back onto my bed whilst she started to pick up some laundry out of my washing basket.

"You'll be turning 18 in two weeks! I bet you can't wait! You'll be starting university before you know it! Getting out of the house more, going out drinking with your mates.."

She rambled on for ages, giving me the whole "safe sex and don't do drugs" speech before wandering out of my room to go shout at my eldest cousin, Sam, for not cleaning his room yet.

I then leaned over to my bedside table to check my phone to see two new messages. Both from my best friend Caitlin.

'CALL ME NOW!!'

'ARE YOU NOT UP YET?!? IM ON MY WAY TO YOURS NOW!!'

As soon as I'd read the messages the doorbell went off downstairs before the door opened and then slammed shut again.

"Why, Hello Caitlin, nice to see you.."
Before my uncle could finish the sentence..

"THERES NO TIME!!" The footsteps got louder as she got nearer to my bedroom door. Caitlin appeared at my door before leaping over to me, only to face plant the floor. "Shit. Didn't expect that to happen." I giggled silently as she brushed herself off and sat down cross legged on my bed. She handed me two small pieces of paper.

I looked at her confused.

"Oh c'mon, I've been talking about this for weeks now!"

I looked down once more before nodding. It was two tickets for the 'Slipknot : Be Prepared For Hell' tour.
She had been on about this for months actually. I looked back up at her and saw the eagerness in her face.

"So..What are you gonna wear?!" She yelled.

I just shook my head. Heavy metal wasn't really my thing. Don't get me wrong, I do listen to it once every now and then but I'm not a huge fan. Especially, when it comes to slipknot. But I've never told her that.

"Are you serious?!? There's only one person that I would want to go with and that's you! Either that or my step-mum would probably come with me but she is totally crazy, you know she is! She is completely nuts!"

I nodded once again. She wasn't wrong. Her step-mum was nice and all but if anyone got on the wrong side of her, she would probably rip their face off. The last time I slept over, Caitlin beat her at connect four and she went so insane that she threw the game into the TV, flipped the table and started to beat up the neighbours tree in their front garden.

"Pleaaaaassssseeeee, Amy!!" She begged using my nickname, whilst pouting with her puppy dog eyes.

I just stared at her before giving in and nodding.

"Great!! Get ready and I'll pick you up in about an hour, then after the concert we can go get some snacks and you can stay over, yeh?!"

I nodded and smiled whilst waving goodbye as she began sprinting down the stairs. "FOR NARNIA!" She screamed before slamming the door shut once again.

I just smirked as I ran my hand through my long, dark brown hair before my fingers got stuck in the knots at the bottom of my hair in my turquoise dip dye. I glared at my big brown eyes and squinted as I stared at my reflection noticing the freckles that scattered my face. " I guess I'd better get a move on then."

I picked up my black ripped skinny jeans and my plain black long sleeved crop top, before getting changed in the bathroom. I applied my make up and added some eyeliner, dark eyeshadow and dark red lipstick, which was more than what I was used to wearing. Then I pulled on my oversized denim jacket and my black doc martens before running down stairs to get a drink.

"Going anywhere good this evening, sweetie?" My uncle questioned, so I nodded and typed out where I was going onto my phone before passing it to him.

"Sounds good." He says before putting down his news paper. "I take it, you'll be sleeping over at Caitlin's house then..?"

I took a sip of my Arizona green tea and nodded. He laughed. "She's a strange one.." I laughed silently only for the doorbell to ring again. I skipped to the door to find Caitlin stood there dressed in her slipknot hoodie, her black ripped skinny jeans and doc martens like mine. "Ready to go?!" She span her keys around her finger as we made our way down my drive towards her old truck. Just as we were about to drive off, my aunt stuck her head out of the door. "Remember what we talked about before, Amelia Rose! Stay safe and make good choices!"

"No promises!!" Caitlin screamed as she hit the accelerator and we began to make our way to the concert.