The Pawn | Chapter Thirteen [Katagelophobia]

This book is now available on amazon.com as an ebook

[Chapter Thirteen]

-----------------------------------------------------

Katagelophobia – Fear of ridicule.

-----------------------------------------------------

Being tied to a bed definitely has its disadvantages.

In fact, I couldn't seem to come up with any advantages to being tied to a bed. It wasn't kinky or thrilling or even close to being sexy. It was more along the lines of painful, tiring and irritating.

I glared at Jay as he sat in a chair across the room, just staring at me. Waiting for me to crack. Well he was in for a long wait because I was not going to crack that easily. First he tricked me into revealing information about my team and then he had the nerve to tie me up! I made a sound of frustration and looked away from him, trying to rearrange myself on the bed so that I was comfortable. It was a little hard when I was tied spread eagle; not much room for movement.

"Jaaayyyy," I whined. "My wrists and ankles are getting chafed, can you please loosen them a bit?"

There was a beat of silence before Jay said, "No," in a completely emotionless tone. Ugh. I just wanted to go over there and slap the crap right out of him. He was being such a complete turd ball. I mean, ok, I understand him being angry about my team that I never mentioned, but I had a valid reason and I knew he would never understand. The worst part though, wasn't that I was tied up, it wasn't that my team had been discovered, no, the worst part was that I didn't know if Jay would ever trust me again. He was so careful with whom he trusted and I completely obliterated any kernel of trust he had in me.

"Jay, what do you want from me? Cos, if you're going to ravish me, better sooner than later. I have some energy now, you know, so it'll be better for you if you try to seduce answers out of me. Soon though I'll just be too tired to do anything." I sighed heavily, knowing what I was saying would just irritate him.

"I'm not going to seduce you, Miss Hartford," he said in a low voice.

I purred and rubbed my body slowly against the sheets, which was rather hard to do with the tight restraints. "Miss Hartford, is it? That's kind of kinky. Do you want me to call you Mr. Storm or would you prefer..." I paused and let out a low moan, "master?" I heard him shift in his chair, but he didn't say anything. I smiled to myself, knowing that if I pushed a little bit harder he'd snap...I just didn't think about the repercussions of that.

"Please," I whimpered. "Please, Jay."

He stood up and made his way over to me. "Please what, Ainsley?"

I looked up at him, hoping that I looked a little bit pathetic and weak, "Please, touch me."

Heat flared in his eyes briefly before he glared at me and crossed his arms. "You know the deal Ainsley. When you're willing to listen to me and answer my questions, I'll untie you. Until then, you can just stay here. Nothing you say will change that, so you can stop your pathetic attempts of seducing me."

My mouth dropped open in shock. Pathetic? He thought my attempts were pathetic? I'd show him pathetic! Just as I was preparing to unleash my inner sexy beast, Jay's phone rang, ruining the moment.

"Storm," he said coolly, looking away from me. "What do you mean you lost two of them?" I perked up at that, hoping he was talking about my team. If two of them were missing then I still had a chance. "No I don't care about your excuses or reasons, just find them damn it! I'll bring Miss Hartford down to see who you've captured in a little bit." Jay growled a little and tightened his hand into a fist. "No, Miss Ainsley Hartford, you idiot. Christ." He hung up the phone and looked as if he was going to chuck it against the wall before he got himself under control.