The Pawn | Chapter Nine [Merinthophobia]

This book is now available on amazon.com as an ebook

[Chapter Nine]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Merinthophobia- Fear of being bound or tied up

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tell me you bitch!"

I screamed as Lisa pressed the knife blade against my leg and slowly dug it in. The stocky Hispanic guy was questioning me while Lisa doled out the torture. There was a maniacal grin on her face as blood welled beneath the knife and dripped down my leg to pool on the floor. "How did you get past my system?" In my pain induced state I had racistly nicknamed the Hispanic, Jose, and the weapons guy Butch. Jose stepped closer to me and hissed angrily. "Tell me and the pain might stop."

I glared at him through slitted eyes and wheezed out, "Bite. Me." A scream ripped from my throat as Lisa twisted the knife so the point of it was piercing skin. She somehow knew exactly where to stab so that she didn't hit any major arteries, but I knew I was losing too much blood to be healthy.

"Just tell him what he wants to know, little sister," Lisa cooed. I wanted to throw up. Not because of the physical pain, but because of the emotional and mental pain. She was my sister, my own flesh and blood; she shouldn't derive so much joy in my pain.

"Don't remember," I gasped between sobs. "Probably got lucky." I waited for the burn of the knife, watching Jose through slitted eyes. He glared at me, but gave Lisa a look. She pulled the knife back and left the room, grinning at me over her shoulder.

I shuddered, but couldn't move because she had tied my arms behind my back and to the chair. Hanging my head I let the silent tears course down my cheeks as I prayed the torture was over for now. However, I couldn't be so lucky.

Lisa returned a couple minutes later with Butch in tow. He saw me and crossed his arms, waiting for his next instructions.

"Ainsley, here, refuses to cooperate. We just want some answers about how she deflecting the hacking program and she just won't tell us." She pouted at me and sauntered over. "Are you sure you don't want to tell us anything, dear?"

I shook my head slowly and spat at her feet. "I don't owe you anything and if you think you can get me to talk you're going to be disappointed."

Butch walked over to stand next to Lisa and glared at me. "But...I'm your sister," Lisa implored, with a sad look.

"You're no sister of mine," I hissed. Seconds after I finished my statement a fist connected with my cheek, shooting pain up and down my jaw. I turned my head to spit out blood because my cheek had gotten cut on my teeth. I wanted to be able to rub the throbbing ache away, but I knew it would be useless because there was more to come.

Lisa frowned at me, "Come on now, don't be like that. Why don't you just make this easy on yourself and tell us what we want to know?" When I refused to say anything, Butch's fist connected with my face again, this time hitting my nose. I bit my tongue to prevent myself from crying out and whimpered pathetically.

Again and again Lisa and Jose questioned me while Butch took turns wailing me with his fists. After an hour my eyes were swollen and I was pretty sure at least two of my ribs were broken. I was praying that I would pass out soon just to end the burning pain. No matter how much I tried to distance myself, I couldn't block out the pain. Butch knew where and how to hit in order to keep me conscious. They had moved their questioning from the hacking, to the way NANO was set up. Unfortunately I didn't actually know anything about that since I had been stuck in my room all that time.