Chapter 5 - Amusing

''Just one more question I've been meaning to ask you for a while.'' Lelouch suddenly stopped me when I was beginning to go out of the library. I looked at him with a questioning gaze. ''Why do you always talk like that?'

''Like what?'' I asked sincerely confused.

''Well, so... formally.''

''I do not know how else to speak.'' I answered simply.

''But you should try speaking more casually, like everyone else. Who knows, maybe then you will finally get a date.'' Lelouch laughed a bit. I blinked at him and raised my brows.

''I don't believe I understand.'' I stated and crossed my arms. We were at the library for some time, and the sun was beginning to go down.

''You know, about half of the boys in our class has a crush on you.'' Lelouch chuckled. ''But at the same time they're scared to death of you.''

''I believe you are mistaken.'' I said neutrally. ''They cannot have any feelings towards me, since they do not know me and I have never communicated with them.''

''I see.'' Lelouch seemed deep in thought for a moment. ''You're pretty intimidating. I wasn't really that surprised when I learned that you're a terrorist. And you don't ever show your feelings or let them get in the way... I'm glad that you're on my side.'' He said seriously. I nodded.

''By the way,'' I began when we were exiting the room. ''You should probably do something about Kallen. She has suspicions on you.''

---

Millie, the Student Council president, informed us that from now on Kallen will also be a member of the council. Every student here has to be in a club, and since Kallen has 'health problems', the principle decided it would be best if she joined the council.

Because of that, I was now heading to the Student Council club house to 'celebrate', as Millie said. But as soon as I got there, I and some other members were tasked to find the lab data chip. Honestly, how can you lose something so important?

''Here it is! I found it! Look! This is it, right?'' Shirley exclaimed as she held out a microchip.

''What a relief you found our lab data.'' Nina said as she took it. I moved closer to them with crossed arms. It wasn't like I really cared about the thing anyway.

''Ah, good, my ass is killing me.'' Rivalz sighed with relief. I twitched a bit at his words. Lelouch honestly wants for me to start talking like him? No.

The doors opened to the room and Millie walked in, pushing a trolley full of food. ''Were you able to find it?'' She asked. ''I finished off on my end, shall we dig in?''

''Ah, wow!'' The blue-headed boy exclaimed. He was a big fan of food.

''Way to go Millie!'' Shirley cheered. We began descending the stairs, and only now I noticed that there were also Lelouch and Kallen. Wonder why. Though I had a pretty good idea.

''Hahah! You adore me, I know.'' The president said as she set down the plates full of fancy-cooked food.

''Uh, Millie? What is all this?'' Lelouch asked confused.

''Lelouch, don't you know? I thought that's why you brought her. We're inducting Kallen into the student council. It was my grandfather's idea actually.'' She then explained why exactly. Well, Kallen had a different kind of club activity going on...

''Oh, I'm Millie. President of the council, pleasure to meet you.'' She said sweetly to Kallen. The pink-head honestly seemed confused by all this and she probably felt uncomfortable.