Chapter 7 [Edited]

"You thought I was finished with you?You thought you won?Well you didn't!"

I started walking back.At least I would if I had room.Jake moved closer to me.

"What do you want from me?I'll give you money!Do you want money?"I asked.

"I want your life."He said.

"My life!You don't have to do this Jake!"I pleaded.

"I've been trapped in this experiment longer than you have Maya!I failed each scenario!You replaced me!"

"What experiment?"

"The False Awaking Experiment, also known as "FAE"."

"The what?"

"False awakenings Maya, they're pretty self explanatory.They're like normal dreams except you assume you're awake and you certainly don't know you're dreaming.You can control everything that happens in your dream.Except the scientists replaced the dreams with nightmares to see how well you react.If your reaction makes them happy you move on to a new nightmare."

"So this was all a nightmare!"

"Yes."

"How did you find this out?"

"Can't tell you that Maya."

"Why do you want my life?"

"They put both of us into this experiment.But they think you're doing a better job than I am.They want to get rid of me!They're throwing me out for you!Can you believe it?They chose you over me!"

"We can get out of the experiment together!We can escape Jake!We have to work together to win!"

"Stop this nonsense Maya!There is no 'us'!"

"You hate me don't you?"

" Of course I hate you Maya! I want you dead and I won't be happy until you are.I never liked you Maya.I only dated you for my personal gain.I used you Maya.And I don't regret it."

"You used me all this time?"

"Maya get over it!I certainly have."

He grabbed me and dragged me to a pit.

"There's lava in here Maya.Maybe those boys will think you burning alive makes you even hotter."

I clawed at his arms and tried to push him away.Jake grabbed my hair and slammed my head down a couple times.

"You can't escape your fate Maya!"

I gave in to the pain and stopped struggling.

''This is the end"

As Jake moved me closer to the pit I grabbed onto his hand and pulled him into the pit.

He grabbed my hair and pulled me down with him.

I screaming as I tried to grab onto the cliff wall.Jake slammed my head on the wall.

"If I die, you're dying with me!"

All I could feel was the scorching pain as I was burned alive.