Chapter 2

RING RING RING

I awoke and shouted.

"DON'T EAT ME MONSTERS!"

I could hear people laughing around me. I blushed and looked around. I was in a classroom. I looked at my clothes and saw they were clean and neat. This was weird because I remembered that my clothes were muddy and tattered while running away from the monsters.

Someone said ,"Look who's finally awake."

Then that same person mockingly said. "Good morning Sleeping Beauty. Oh wait, you're not beautiful."

That comment caused a couple of students to snicker.

I glared at the person who said that.

"SHUT UP!"

Our teacher, Ms.Burns came to my desk.

"Sleeping during my class? That's a detention Maya".

"But."

"No buts! Detention during lunch period. You're going to have to catch up."

"Fine."

"OK. Now go to your next period classes."

There were a few murmurs of "Yes Ms.Burns."

I walked to my next class thinking about the dream when I felt a pain in my stomach. I stopped walking and lifted up my shirt a little and saw teeth marks. I continued walking confused about the mark. I could've sworn it looked like the mark of one of the monsters that were chasing me.

Ignoring it, I continued walking .While I walked to my locker, a couple of people snickered. I felt like punching their stupid faces. Then, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. It was my boyfriend Jake.

"Hey."

"Hey."He said back and kissed me on the cheek.

"I heard you fell asleep in class Sleeping Beauty. You never do that."

"I know, and please don't call me that."

"Anyways, I want to take you out on a date tonight. We should spend more time together."

"Sure! When will you pick me up?"

"Be ready by seven. Our date will be so amazing you'll feel like you've died and gone to heaven."

"Well that's a nice way to describe our date."

After, I got home and finished my homework at around 6:45 p.m. I started getting ready. I picked out an outfit that consisted of skinny jeans and a thin sweater. While changing, I noticed the teeth marks were gone. I walked downstairs to hear the door bell ring. I saw my dad answer it.

"Hi Mr.Metus. I'm here to pick up your daughter for our date tonight."Jake said.

My dad looked at me.

"You didn't tell me about a date."

"Sorry dad."

"So Jake.When will you two be back."

"Before 10:30."

"9:00."

"I'm sorry Mr.Metus but I'm going to need more than two hours for what I'm doing with Maya."

"9:30."

"Please sir. Let it be 10:30."

My mom came to the door.

"It's fine Jake. You can take our daughter on a date until 10:30. I'm sure whatever you have planned will be amazing."

"Thank you Mrs.Metus. I promise that Maya will have the time of her life."He said grinning.