Chapter 9

John heard a faint "ah" sound.

"Bill did you hear that?"

"Yeah...I did."

Then they both heard a shuffling sound coming from subject M's capsule.

"Bill, I think that Subject M has woken up!"

As soon as John reached over to the computer to press the "sleep" switch , he saw the "awake" switch glowing red.

"Bill, which switch were you about to flip as you were sending Subject M to the next scenario?"

Bill walked over to the computer and pointed over the glowing red switch .

"John it was this- OH GOD!"

Bill realized that he flipped the "awake" switch instead of the "scenario 23" button.

"BILL! Why did you flip the "awake switch! Are you blind or something!"

"Actually, I am, even the biggest letters were blurry for me in my eyesight test."

Before they could do anything else, subject M fully gained consciousness.

"Where am I?"

Subject M finally noticed Bill and John after looking at her surroundings.

"It was you two! You used me for your false awakening experiments!"

"We're both sorry for putting you through this but it was for the best."

"The best? Kidnapping people and putting them through life or death situations is for the best!"

"Subject M, don't take it too seriously!" Bill warned subject M.

Now, subject M was standing outside of her capsule.

"How did I get here? Why did I agree to this? Where are my parents? I want to leave this, this hell-house!"

"Maya, take a few deep breaths and calm down. We will tell you everything after that."

"I won't calm down until you tell me why you used me like, like a lab rat."

Maya paused and went up to Bill and John.

"Compared to all those scenarios you put me in, this is a true nightmare!"

To be continued in chapter 10...