Pain and relief

We all ran in after the rouge knowing we had to stop it before it took an Alpha or their mate as a hostage.  I could almost grab the rouges greasy grey fur.  I leaned forward to do just that and he leaped to the side viciously tearing out an alpha's throat. 

The burning pain in my throat and heart told me who the rouge had killed and I fell to my knees wailing.  My mate my Tyler dead all due to this filthy rouge.  I looked over to see my sisters pinning down the rouge and about to kill him.

"NO!" I shouted. "Let me."

I walked over to the rouge and spat in his face saying "you deserve so much worse."  Then I shifted and clawed his heart out.  All of the living Alphas and their Luna's gasped at my cruelty but I just smiled sadistically after I returned to human form.

I walked out of the building proudly then glanced around only to see that I was alone.  I burst into a flurry of tears as I realized it was my fault that Tyler was dead. If we hadn't gone after that rouge he would he never would have gone in there and killed. 

I climbed into the back seat of our truck and Bawled waiting for my sisters and alpha brother to come out of the building.  When they came out Tori Jordi and Eli went to the back seat to comfort me and  Luke began to drive back to the council house.

When we finally reached it I was still curled up in a ball sobbing but my sisters told me that they wouldn't carry me and that I had to walk it out,

Jordi looked at me and said "Come on girl your tough you can walk this out you are definitely strong enough to."

I gave her a watery smile a crawled out of the car feeling my heart break all over again as I thought of all the years we weren't together because of my selfishness.

I shook my head and began to walk to the council house knowing that after this I would never be able to hunt rouges again because I just wasn't in it any more. I no longer had the drive to do anything.

I was half way to the house when I froze and couldn't move.  A sweet melodious voice chimed "Daughter It is the great Luna you have served me well and so I must serve you.  You will have a second chance mate someone else who has lost their mate and is walled up in pain.  Untill you find him know this I have taken away the pain of your mate and from now on all you should feel is slight regret that you did not save him."

"Thank you great Luna you have done me a favor that I will never forget." I whispered joyfully.

With that I could move again and I ran up to my siblings and said "Lets go get our next rouge."