Big Change

I opened my bedroom door to see my sister Carly. She smiled brightly even though I could tell she had been crying. What happened?
I haven't seen my brother Chris in 2 years! Sometimes he comes to visit but I never pay any attention due to the argument we had. Scott I see almost all the time.
"I got a phone call and mom was in a car accident. They said she'd be fine but I called Chris and he's coming to pick you up in 2 hours so get your stuff packed" Carly said. Wait what?! Didn't she know about that argument! I couldn't live with him! I wouldn't say a word to him. I agreed because she said it was the only option. Couldn't stay at the house by myself. I began to pack important stuff like books, sketch books, pencils, cloths, shoes, and other things. I dragged my stuff downstairs.
"I promise. Okay I'll look after her. Carly come on you gotta trust me with this" I heard Chris's voice say.
"You know how mad she was when you left for LA? She was really upset. I don't know if she got over it yet. Don't be surprised if she doesn't say anything to you" Carly said as I made myself present and coughed loudly. Carly jumped a little and so did Chris. Chris smiled at me but I returned it with a frown. He was my only choice! I gave Carly a hug and left the house to put my things in the car. Chris soon arrived to the car and closed the door. I curled up in the front seat and stared out the window.
"Aubrey" Chris said but I ignored him. I took out my phone and started playing Candy Crush.
"Aubrey." He said again raising his voice a little.
"Stop with the attitude!" Chris said taking my phone.
"What the heck! I was playing that" I said reaching for my phone.
"Talk to me! You haven't talked to me in 2 years" he said putting the phone in his pocket.
"Two can play at this game" I said slumping in my seat and ignored him. He didn't talk the rest of the way to the airport at all. "I could have went to Foster Care."
And with that Chris parked the car and stared at me.
"Why do you have this attitude? I miss the little Aubrey I carried on my shoulders around DisneyLand" Chris said.
"I miss the brother who would carry me around at DisneyLand! I haven't seen him in two years!" I said clearly upset.
"I'm sorry about that and you know I had to move. I know you were upset. I offered you to come with me but you declined it because you didn't want to be away from mom" he said as he unbuckled his seat belt and opened his door and slammed it. I heard the trunk open and close then my car door opened.
"Come on" he said, I hesitated for a moment then unbuckled my seat belt. I climbed out of the car and we both walked to the airport. We entered the airport and got to our gate. Once it was time we got onto the plane and I got the window seat.
"Can I have my phone back?" I asked.
"Not until you smile" he said, I gave him a fake smile.
"Now give me my phone" I said.
"That was a fake smile" he said as I heard my phone go off.
"Please" I whined loudly.
"I will when we have a nice conversation that doesn't involve you yelling or me yelling" Chris said, I crossed my arms and looked out the window as we took off towards the sky. Then I just remembered something. How could I forget! I reached in my bag and took out my iPod and headphones. I looked at Chris and smiled. I put in my headphones and chose a random song. I paused my song when Chris took out his own phone when he got a call.
"Hey Carly" Chris said as I pretended to listen to music.
"Yeah she's fine....alright I'm lying you caught me....she won't talk to me or anything... I know I volunteered to take care of her... And I know I'll be able to say sorry for leaving... She's my little sister two Carly... I know I know.... Okay I'll talk to her when we get to the house" Chris said as he hung up. What does he mean he volunteered?
"What do you mean when you volunteered?" I asked taking out my ear buds.
"Well as soon as I heard about mom I decided to step in and take care of you. When she's better you have the choice to leave or stay" he said. Did he care about me? Of corse he does Aubrey! I hate my mind sometimes.
"Thanks for giving me a choice" I said hesitating to put my iPod away. Maybe we should just talk. I put my iPod away and turned to Chris waiting for him to say something.
"What?" He asked getting out a book from his bag.
"I thought you wanted to have a nice conversation" I said he just smiled, "oh well." I went to get my iPod again.
"Wait. I didn't really think I'd get that far. Okay so I wanted to say I'm sorry for leaving when I did. You had a broken arm and I should've stayed and helped" Chris said.
"I'm gonna regret this later. I accept your apology. Plus you had to live your dream I shouldn't get in the way with that" I said next thing I knew I was pulled into a hug I've missed so much.
"I'm glad you accept my apology" he said.
"Don't get use to it" I said smiling at my older brother. This is gonna be a rough ride.