The Lock

Rule number one: don't make me upset.
Chris doesn't follow rules. At the moment I locked myself in my room and Chris is trying to open the door. He said something about my best friend and how she's a bad influence. First off she's not my best friend any more. Second she became more of a sister when she started getting nicer and kinder than other people. He wouldn't know since he's been gone for 2 years so... Who doesn't he think he is judging my friend?! He knocked on the door again but louder this time, I could tell he was getting impatient.
"Please. Aubrey. Open the door" he said calmly sounding really sincere.
"No" I said changing my clothes (outfit above)
"come on. I'm gonna be late for filming" he said.
"Then go! I'll be fine" I said. He let out a frustrated sigh.
"I can't leave you alone at the house. You've only been here for 2 weeks and 3 days" he said I could hear the smile in his voice knowing he was right.
"I'm not leaving this room. You're gonna have to drag me out" I said crossing my arms and stared at the door as if I were burning holes through the wood.
"Aubrey Maria Evans. I'm not gonna ask this time. Open. The. Door" he said, he was right it wasn't a question... It was an order.
"Nope" I said popping the 'p' and I didn't care if he yelled at me or me and him had a little sibling to sibling argument.
"OPEN THE DOOR!!!" He yelled making me flinch. Oh crap. That's right he has those anxiety stuff. He sounded kind of upset. I could hear his shaky breaths through the door.
"Why?" I asked.
"Aubrey. Please just open it. I'm sorry I snapped okay. I'm sorry I said that thing about your friend" he sounded really upset. I could tell he was crying. He'll get over it. Right? Should I open it? I want to be nice to him because he decided to take me in while mom was in the hospital. Maybe I should open it. I gave in and walked over to the door and unlocked it. I opened it and glared at my older brother. Without warning he hugged me tightly. He was having an anxiety attack. I could tell when he was having one. He was always breathing rapidly, crying, shaking, or just talking really fast. In this case it is the first three. I wrapped my arms around him and patted his back.
"Calm down" I said hugging him tighter, "Chris please. Take a deep breath then let it all out." He took a few deep breaths then let them out as I rubbed his back hoping he'd calm down sooner or later. He put his head on top of mine.
"Hey. Stop crying and suck it up you big meatball" I said making him laugh. He dried his tears.
"I'm sorry for saying those things about your friend" he said.
"You didn't know she changed. You've been gone for 2 years so... What do you expect" I said passing him. I hit a nerve didn't I. I'm just getting my feet wet. He didn't leave the room yet. I walked to the kitchen and ate a small snack. Soon he came down stairs without a single word. Yup. I hit a nerve. Time for the sibling argument I told you about.
1
2
3
"I said I was sorry about leaving you 2 years ago" he said finally breaking the silence, "and you accepted my apology!"
"I said I'd regret it" I said taking a drink of soda.
"Let it go! Okay just let the problem go. Pretend that never happened okay. I want my little sister who would always play her little harmless pranks and have so much energy" he said looking at me with pain in his eyes. I kinda felt bad. I looked down at the floor and kicked my foot back and forth.
"Sorry" I whispered.
"What? I couldn't hear that" Chris said smiling.
"I said: sorry" I said normally making his smile grow wider. I shouldn't have opened the door. He walked over and hugged me again this time actually lifting me off the ground. He's such a meatball.