My Sister's Ex(9)

Please read my note at the end!

And vote and comment!

___________________________________________________________

Recap:

Melody's POV

And the call cut off. I ran around the room changing my clothes, brushing my hair, and fixing my makeup. I walked down the stairs and headed for the front door. I told Taya I was going out and she waved me away. She was having a serious discussion with Chris. The disscusion looked pretty heated, so I left them alone. I wonder what it was about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9

When we finally to James' house, the party was in full swing. We had to park down the street. The familiar scenary was erie. The last time I had been here I was still dating James. The last time I had actually seen this street I was being halled away in a police car. We began to make our way towards his house.

"What are you gonna do if he sees you?" Johnny asked. "I mean I don't think the open invitation was exactly extended to you." I raised my eyebrows at him."No offense." He smiled at me innocently. I sighed.

"It's a huge house. The chances of him seeing me are slim to none." We walked up the front steps together. "Besides," I muttered, "he's probably too drunk to care."

Johnny pushed open the door. The house was filled with people. Almost everyone was already smashed. There were people making out in the corners. There were a couple of jocks handing out beer at the kegs. There were a couple of girls trying to dance sexy in front of some guys. Yup, a high school party scene straight from the cliche '80s movies. James of course was the cliche party host. His parents were out of town for work. Like most of the parents in this town spent more time with their work then their kids.

"Johnny!" I cringed at the high pitched squeel. Stacey came running up and threw one of her arms around him. Her other hand was carrying her drink in a red plastic cup. Cause nothing says "party" like a red plastic cup. "OMG, you're never gonna guess what just happened! Okay so-" She cut off when she noticed me standing there.

"Hi," I smiled giving her a small wave.

"Oh you brought her?" She asked Johnny.

"Yeah I'm sorry," Johnny said quickly. "She begged me too. She was having problems at home." I can't believe he was making up excuses for me! He made me sound like some pathetic loser. It was like I wasn't even standing right next to them. Stacey shrugged.

"Whatever," She took a sip of her beer. "It's not my party. I don't get to dictate who can came." Though her tone made it clear she wished she could. She turned to stare right at me. "Someone just better tell James to lock his car doors." I clenched my fists and resisted the urge to claw her eyes out. Instead I turned to Johnny.

"I'm gonna go get a drink." I said.

"Okay," He called over his shoulder because Stacey was already pulling him in the other direction.

I was fuming as I made my way tothe kitchen. I can't believe them! Well I can believe Stacey because that was the way she is. Johnny was supposed to be my best friend though. He let me be insulted right in front of his face. And he ditched me at a party where there was a good chance I wasn't welcome at. To top it all off he knew I was upset tonight about the Chris/Taya situation. I stood in line at the keg with my arms crossed. I was about to take a step and move forward when someone stumbled into me, spilling beer down my shirt.

"Ah," I called out as the icey drink went down my chest. "What the fu-" I stopped when I noticed who was holding the drink. The last person I wanted to see here. James. And he was drunk.