My Sister's Ex(11)

Recap:

Chris' *POV*

"Thanks for the ride." She whispered. "Goodnight." Then she ducked out of the car.

'Don't let her go' a voice whispered to me. I put my hands on the steering wheel. I took a deep breath. Then I opened my door and went after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris' *POV*

"Hey Melody!" I called gently and my voice carried into the night. She turned to look at me with those big brown eyes. Her hair blew around her from the warm summer-like breeze.

"Yes?" Melody asked in her soft whimsical voice. I crossed the distance between us, which wasn't much since she only gotten to the other side of the car, until there was not a foot of space between us.

"Okay so I'm just gonna lay my cards out on the table okay." I warned. She nodded for me to continue. I took a deep breath and started.

"Your sister and I went out for almost a year. I liked Taya, I really did. She was the perfect girlfriend. We were perfect together, or so everyone said. Honestly? There was no spark there. I tried and tried to make it happen, but it just didn't work. What choice did I have, but to break it off with her? I told her it was about college. We were going to schools on different coasts and that was to big of a commitment for me. It was we both needed. I just hoped Taya moved on a found someone who could feel the same way about her.

"As for the cheating. Well...that isn't what you think it is. I got drunk at a party and I accidentally hooked up with Stacey Morgan. I don't blame the alcohol for my stupid mistake, but it played a part in it. It was just that one time and after that we never hooked up again. I felt so guitly for cheating on Taya, but at the same time I was kinda glad it happened. It made me realize that I didn't really love Taya, because if I did I wouldn't have cheated on her. It made me grow a pair and end a relationship that was probably doomed from the start.

"The truth is Melody..." I trailed off. How do you tell people things like this? "The truth is I like you. I don't know why or how. I can't control it. But as a refreshing start, it's the truth." I took a deep breath. I let her soak everything in. She stood frozen for a few moments before she finally spoke.

"Yyyou," she stuttered a bit before clearing her throat, "You like me?"

"Yes." A simple answer. I was tired of playing games. Then I moved in closer.

"What are you doing?" Melody's voice rose a little shakey.

"Something I should have done a long time ago."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melody's *POV*

All of this was so hard to drink in. All this new information. Loops I'd been left out of. Adult conversations that weren't meant for kids. It was too much. I felt so overwhelmed. I could hardly breathe. It also didn't help that Chris was standing so close. I just needed to be alone with my thoughts for a little while. But I never got a chance because suddenly Chris was moving closer to me.

What are you doing?" I asked. I was a little scared of his answer.

"Something I should have done a long time ago." He answered defiantly.

I felt myself copying him. Leaning in like him. I looked at his lips and just couldn't wait until they could be on mine. I realized I didn't care the way I should about how this would kill Taya if only she could see. I was only thinking of myself. I was being selfish. And you know what? Everyone deserves to be selfish evey once in a while.