Chapter #7

Sunny ran in circles around her cage what now??? She thought desperately,she sat down on a hammock and looked at the group of dragons. "Can we keep her amber, please?" Said a skywing dragonet to her captor. "Sorry but scarlet has sent out a bounty for scavengers of this description. This one is the 4th one I've found! One of these has to be what she is looking for . "Scarlet!" Sunny thought "I knew she was up to something!". "well put her with the others!" Said a skywing guard aproaching, she was wearing chain armour and had a wreath of smoke circling her. "Yes ironclaw" replied the first skywing and he proceeded to carry her cage to a room in the palace that contained 3 other cages simaler to hers. All containing scavengers with blonde or yellow hair. "Now you be good, and no escaping!" Said the skywing walking away. Sunny grabbed the bars on her cage and watched as he left the room, when he was gone she circled her cage looking for escape but found none. "Don't even try" said A scavenger in the cage next to her "she talked?" Sunny thought slightly suprized "I mean I guess that I knew that they were smarter than other animals but not to the level of advanced communication.". "How do you know that there isn't an escape?" Sunny asked. The scavenger had brownish blonde hair and wore dirty brown coverings. "Because I've tried everything" she said revealing what apeared to be claw mark scars. "These beasts kill and cage without though, only once have I met one with the smallest spark of entelegence " . Sunny decided to not take offense by this "so you can't understand them?". "Understand them?" The scavenger asked suprised, "all they do is kill and destroy and roar, they make no sense!". " so I'm the only one who can understand them" sunny thought. "Anyway what's your name?" Sunny asked. "I'm onyx" the scavenger said "my parents named me after a prized poses ion of theirs and the only known idem to be successfully stolen from dragons. " wait, you mean the eye of onyx!" Sunny said suprized. "Yeah my mother never made it back from the palace of sand dragons though". "Flower" sunny realized suddenly. "Anyway I was the first one here, this is Claire" she said pointing to a scavenger with white hair a little older than sunny in a brown dress. "Hi" said Claire shyly. "And this is Mary" she said pointing to the last scavenger who was sitting in the corner of her cage, she grunted a response.
"And you are?" Onyx asked. "I'm sunny" sunny said "and I have quite a bit to tell you".