8) Mind Games

So sorry bout the long wait! Just started high school and homework is completely CRAZY! I've been extremely busy this month, especially with dance, football games, and homework! ( Yes, I've mentioned it twice because seriously it's out of control!)

I'm super sorry guys, I know I said I'd update faster but...I was not expecting the start of school to be like that. I don't know if this song goes really well with the chapter, but it's stuck in my head and I LOVE Rita Ora!

But anyway, read on! Vote & Comment!

XXX

Once again, Chloe and Kendall were laughing like madmen when Maddie retold her misery of tutoring Gino yesterday, and Maddie more than once threatened to end their existence.

"See? I told you guys, they're so gonna hook up!" Kendall exclaimed, and Maddie rolled her eyes, giving up on trying to make them stop. She was starting to regret even telling them in the first place.

They were on their way to seventh period now, and the uneasiness in her stomach grew with every step. After her and Gino's last encounter, she wasn't really sure exactly how this dance-partner session was going to go.

She waved Chloe and Nia goodbye, as they disappeared around the corner. They walked a little further, before turning into the girl's locker room. It was like the whole locker room went on mute, all eyes glancing towards Maddie and Kendall as they walked over to their lockers.

Once they got there, it was liked the mute button was released and everyone around them started chatting casually again. Maddie grew worried. Did anybody know about the tutoring session? Did Gino tried to make it seem like Maddie was hitting on him? Was there something on her face?

Millions of questions raced inside her head, but she pushed them aside, and got dressed into the ever ugly-looking gym uniform.

"What was that all about?" Kendall asked, putting her hair into her favorite hairstyle. You guessed it...a ponytail.

Maddie just shrugged off the anxiousness, "Don't know. Maybe Kalani's minions spreading rumors again?"

Kendall scoffed, rolling her brown eyes, "That girl seriously needs to chill." Her eyes then lit up with a mischievous smile, "Plus, it's pretty obvious Gino's your territory."

Maddie couldn't explain why her cheeks suddenly heated at that statement. Noticing her blush, Kendall began to laugh again, and Maddie glared at her, but the protest couldn't leave her mouth. It was as if something was blocking her from speaking. So instead of retaliating, she ignored Kendall and finished putting her hair into a bun.

Maddie walked dreadfully slow to the center of the gym. Surprisingly, today the boys were already there, chatting casually while Mrs. Hawkins was talking to an administrator off to the side. She couldn't help but scanning the crowd of boys for Gino, and when she found him, something lurched in her chest.

He was talking to Paige; Kalani's best friend.

She was of course, flipping her hair and batting her long, and completely fake eyelashes at him, with a flirtatious smile on her lips. Maddie glared at the two for a few more seconds, before getting to disgusted to even watch and turned towards the fluorescent lights of the ceiling.

She naturally disliked Paige because she hung around Kalani, but usually admired the petite blonde for her looks and sarcastic wit. But now, all she could feel was hate for Paige, and she honestly didn't know why. It was confusing her.

Why in the world would she feel spiteful for Paige just because she was showing off for Gino? Why would Maddie even care? Besides, she can't stand the bastard and that was how it's always going to be.