12) Drunk in Love

I'm so stupid. Maddie kept repeating over and over in her head as Kendall dragged her up the steps and into the house, vibrating with music as people from Franklin basically lost their minds. She hated house parties, she couldn't stand drunk people...why on earth did she agree to this?

"You owed me, remember! I helped you pass that chemistry test!" Kendall reminded her for the tenth time that night.

Maddie nodded, "Yeah, yeah, I know."

"So you come to this party with me. Plus, Gino will be here." She wriggled her eyebrows.

Maddie just rolled her eyes, "Why couldn't you take Chloe? You know I hate parties."

"Chloe's busy with her cousin and Nia's got the flu, remember?" Kendall intoned.

Oh yeah, that's why.

Maddie groaned again as Kendall led them both over to a Josh, who was talking to a group of basketball players before grabbing Kendall by the waist and swooping her into a kiss. Maddie saw this as the perfect opportunity to escape, and she went over to a small couch pushed up against the wall.

She was not in a pleasant mood. She could be Netflixing, practicing her solo, or even daydreaming. Anything would be better than wasting her Friday night here, at a place she was blackmailed into coming.

Maddie pulled out her phone and decided to text Nia.

Nia u are so lucky ur sick

She replied instantly. Umm...thanks?

Kendall dragged me 2 another party. Uggh.

XD XD XD XD

Maddie glared at her phone.

"Peanuts?"

The familiar voice had Maddie snapping out of her thoughts as she looked up at Gino. He was dressed casually, as he held an obnoxious red cup in his hand, no doubt filled with alcohol. He took another swig of his drink before crumpling it up and tossing it to the side.

"Gino." Maddie replied, watching him carefully.

He casually leaned against the wall, "Didn't really peg you for a party gal. You seem more of a study-even-on-the-weekends kind of person."

Maddie's eyes narrowed fractionally, "Well, you assumed wrong. I...love parties."

Gino raised an eyebrow, "Really? Then why are you on your phone, huh?"

Maddie turned her phone off, standing up, "I uh...had to reply to a text message. Duh."

Gino tilted his head, his dark eyes gazing at her, and she bit her lip. Maddie wiped her moist hands on her jeans as nonchalantly as she could as Gino still stared at her until finally he spoke up again.

"Well, let's see how much of a party girl you are, Peanuts." Gino said, grabbing her hands and pulling her over to a bar. Maddie glowered at the alcohol but seethed in silence since she wanted to prove a point.

Wait, what was she trying to prove anyway? Who cares if Gino thinks she doesn't party? She hates parties.

"Here you go." Gino thrusted a red cup into her hands.

Maddie stared wide-eyed at the red cup. She's never drank before, and she knew better than to succumb to peer pressure. She then noticed Kendall off in the distance, dancing and laughing like a complete imbecile while she drank from the red cup.

She was having fun, so much fun that she probably forgot Maddie was even here. She didn't seem so worried that she had disappeared on her anyway. Why couldn't Maddie have some fun? If she was going to be stuck here, she mine as well make it worth her while...right?