17) Making Up for It

I want to give a dedication to domino-effect for making a wonderful cover! You rock, guurl!

XD

I made some changes to the last chapter! I changed Zach to Zack because I think that's the correct way...right? Eh. Oh well, I'm keeping it like that.

XXX

Later that evening, Maddie returned from dance class. It's been a while since her teacher had ever given her corrections, usually her routines were flawless. But her mind wasn't on her solo, or her trip to L.A, she had to take in less than two weeks.

Her mind was obviously on Gino. She had texted him earlier, but she wouldn't know if he responded because her mother took her phone away as punishment.

So she took a shower, pulled her wavy brown hair into a bun and traveled sluggishly to her room which was diagonal from the bathroom she shared with Mackenzie.

Speaking of which, Maddie poked her head inside her younger sister's room, frowning when she noticed she wasn't there.

"What are you doing?" Mackenzie aaked, followed by an annoyed sigh.

Maddie spun on her heels to face her, "I thought you were in your room!"

"Clearly, I'm not." Mackenzie crossed her arms.

"Drop the sass, all I wanted to say was goodnight." Maddie said, her eyes narrowing.

Mackenzie's face softened, "Oh...well, goodnight then."

An awkward smile met Maddie's lips, and then she pulled her sister into a quick hug before striding over to her own room, leaving her younger sister aghast in the hallway. It's been a while since Maddie's shown any real affection to her. In Mackenzie's opinion, she hasn't been the same since their dad died.

Maddie slipped into her bedroom, and nearly had a heart attack when a dark figure sat up from her bed.

In fact, she would have let loose a scream of pure terror, if the person hadn't wrapped their hand around her mouth, and muffled her shrieks.

A familiar scent filled her lungs, and she stopped screaming as she stared up at those wide brown eyes.

Once Gino figured she wouldn't scream, he slowly pulled his hand away from her mouth.

"Gino?!" She whispered-shrieked.

"Peanuts," He said quietly, "calm down."

Calm down?!

"How did you get in here?!" She demanded.

Gino glanced at the slightly open window, the wind blowing the curtains softly. Maddie frowned, she could've sworn the window was locked...unless, he broke in. Maddie wasn't sure how she should feel about him having the ability to do that.

She sighed, shutting her door and walking over to her bed, "What the heck, Gino? Why do you feel the sudden need to sneak up on me? And why aren't you at Zack's? Did something happen?"

Gino just shrugged, " I wanted to see you."

Maddie just stared at him, "No seriously, what happened?"

Gino chuckled softly, "I am serious. I feel bad I got you in trouble, so I want to make it up to you."

Maddie raised an eyebrow incredulously, "And how are you going to make it up?"

Gino's cheeky grin turned into a single wicked smirk, and his eyes glittered with devious intentions. He leaned down close to her ear, "By giving you this."