Blue on Orange

*AUTHORS NOTE AT END*

Raphael woke up, the events from yesterday flooding back, along with the feeling of unease. Slowly sitting up in his bed, he reached over and grabbed his phone from the red bedside table that had its place at his left side, right beside his bed. Quickly flicking it on, Raphael saw he had four messages from Casey.

New Messages (4)

You up yet? -Casey

WAKE UP DUDE! -Casey

You up for skippin your stupid 'punishment' and havin some fun? -Casey

Hurry and answer your fuckin phone! -Casey

Raphael waited for the normal surge of excitement to enter his system, but that never happened. He stared at his phone, trying to get excited by thinking of all the fun he and Casey had done in the past, but felt nothing.

Shrugging his shoulders, Raphael tossed his phone beside him on his bed and pulled himself out of bed. Making his way into the kitchen, Raphael made a cup of coffee then sat at the table, ignoring his brothers and father, all who where staring at him with shocked looks at the fact that he was up before 12 in the afternoon.

"Are you feeling alright my son?" His father asked, his face painted with concern. Raphael nodded and continued to ignore them, his thoughts centered on the little blond boy he met yesterday.

Leonardo glanced at Donatello in concern and asked again "you sure your-"

"Yes!" He snarled, irritated at being pulled out of his thoughts. Slamming his cup on the table top, Raphael glared at his brothers, before fixing the same glare on his father. Sneering, he got up and headed towards his room to get dressed.

Once dressed in a red muscle T-shirt and blue jeans with black sneakers, Raphael sat on his bed with a sigh and grabbed his phone and checked for messages. Seeing he had none, Raphael shrugged then stuffed his phone into his back pocket and left his room.

Once he was at the front door, he shouted out "I'm leaving! And yes, father, I'm heading for the orphanage!"

Rolling his eyes at his fathers chuckle, Raphael slammed the door shut and started walking down the street, glad that the orphanage was close to his house.
----------------------------------------------
Raphael walked into the orphanage, eyes darting in every direction for Mrs. O'neil, wanting to tell her he was here. Looking around a bit longer, he then noticed one of the kids from yesterday, the ones that Michelangelo and Leatherhead walked towards when he was leaving.

Shuttering slightly at the fact he was using that stupid nickname, that somehow felt....normal using, Raphael walked towards him and tapped the kids shoulder. The kid whipped around and glared, letting Raphael get a good look at him.

His hair was a weird mix of the colors pink, white, light brown and dark brown, and the colors were swirled, almost like ice cream. Raphael blinked as he noticed this. The other teen's eyes were a black color, surprising Raphael with their intensity. He was wearing an orange t-shirt and dark blue jeans with pair of grey sneakers covering his feet.

Raphael jumped as the kid hissed at him, then glared and asked "Who are you?"

Raising an eyebrow at the kids hostile tone, he said "Raphael...Why-"

Raphael jumped as he was cut off and gave a silent curse at the fact that he had been scared twice in the last two minutes.

"HEYYYYYYYYYY!"

Raphael turned at the voice and was meet with a chest full of blond hair and mischievous blue eyes.

"Hey Hey Hey! You came back!" Michelangelo said, jumping out of Raphael arms and landing smoothly on the ground.

Raphael turned around, ready to chew the small boy out, but could only gasp in shock. Michelangelo's body was covered in bruises! He had a black eye and bruising all over his throat, legs, arms and Raphael could see more bruising covering what little part of his chest that was visible above his shirt. For a reason, some reason Raphael couldn't explain, a horrible anger rose in him at the very idea of someone hurting this child. Giving a growl, he turned towards the other teen and hissed out "What happened?"

'Ice Cream Kitty' picked up Michelangelo and shrugged, but Raphael could see anger in his eyes. The teen tightened his grasp on Michelangelo and said "Mikey here won't tell us who did it." while giving said child a frightening glare. Michelangelo simply stuck his tongue out and said "Not tellin you!"

Michelangelo then whispered something into the teens ear (Raphael refused to call him that ridiculous nickname) and said teen nodded his head before asking Raphael "What was your name again?"

Raphael raised an eyebrow and said "Raphael."

Michelangelo squealed and said "RAPHIE!"

Giving the boy a curious look, Raphael then asked "What?"

"Tell him Ice Cream Kitty! Tell him Tell him!" Michelangelo said, tugging at his friend shirt collar. Then teen sighed and gave Michelangelo a small smile and said "You're lucky you're adorable mister!"

"I'm not ador-, adori-, adoral-" Michelangelo said, trying to pronounce the word adorable right and Raphael felt a grin slide onto his face without permission. The multi-colored haired teen smiled and said "Yes you are!"

"No! Now tell him!!" Michelangelo pouted, giving the teens collar another tug. Turning back towards Raphael, the teen explained "Here, Mikey is sort of like a name giver. Whenever he meets someone he like and wants to be friend with, he gives them a nickname. That's how I got stuck with the name 'Ice Cream Kitty'. So don't be surprised if we call you Raph instead of Raphael now."

"Why did he choose to call you that? Why does everyone follow his naming idea thing? And Raph?" Raphael asked, sitting down beside the teen.

"Mikey here calls me that because my hair looks like ice cream first of all," the teen chuckled, "and everyone follows his names cause he is the name giver here....that and he feels more comfortable using nicknames instead of real names."

Raphael noticed 'Ice Cream Kitty's' eyes darken when he said that and figures it had something to do with Michelangelo's abusive past. Anger rose up in him at the thought of any child being hurt, especially at such a young age.

Ice Cream Kitty gave a 'ahh' noise and finished speaking "and Raph is short for Raphie....I figured you don't want us calling you that."

Raphael shook his head and asked, almost desperately, "Can I call you anything over then 'Ice Cream Kitty? Please?"

"Ummm how about just 'Ice Cream' then? And oh, by the way, don't ever call him anything but Mikey. Ok?" Ice Cream asked, gesturing towards the not distracted child sitting on his lap. The teens eyes darkened again and Raph found himself nodding.

Staring the excited blond, Raphael felt a smile once again slide onto his face before his smile changed into a frown as his sharp eyes took in each and every visible bruise.

Sighing in anger, Raphael shook himself and smiled as he asked "Hey Mich-, Mikey! How about you show me around this place, huh?"

*AUTHORS NOTE*
Sorry this took forever to get out! I quit writing for a bit then when I restarted on this....school happened ;-;

But this story will be worked on once more! And the new chapter will be up soon as possible :p LATERZ!