Secrets and Fights

*A/N: for the people that don't know, I've been out of the whole "writing stuff" thing for a while due to and injury cause my friend was mean and twisted my wrist when we played ball with a rubber band ball....but I'm better now!! And thanks to those who commented on the last chapter and told me to get better! Thank you to everyone whose enjoyed this story and left a comment or voted on it :3 Now, back to the story!!*

Raph walked down the hall, Mikey's small hand wrapped tightly around his larger one. Mikey was smiling and rambling over every room and everyone they came across.

"And this is the bathroom! Oh-oh, and this is the eating room, where we eat dinner and stuff....and this is the toy area!! We've got video games, Raphie!"

Raph laughed at the seriousness in the small boys voice as his said that, then noticed he didn't care as much when Mikey used the nickname he gave him. A dark blush covered Raph's cheeks as he noticed he'd been thinking about himself as Raph and Michangelo as Mikey. A sudden grin covered his face and he thought, Well who gives a damn? My brothers ain't here to give me crap about it, dad ain't here to tease me....

"Hey Mikey." He said, enjoying the slight freedom he somehow got from just saying that name, and also enjoying the 100-watt smile he got from the small blonde child when he used the nickname.

"Yea Raphie?" Mikey said, bouncing in place. Raph glanced around and whispered "Wanna go to the park?"

Mikey squealed in excitement and jumped into Raphs arms, saying excitably "YES YES YES!!!!!"

Raph laughed, then said "Come on, let's go tell Mrs. O'neil."

Raph smiled the felt an embarrassed blush cover his face. I'm calling myself Raph now?! He thought, ears turning a bright red. Mikey glanced up in concern and asked "You ok Raphie?"

Raph shook his head and said "Yea...I'm good"

Mikey smiled then continued rambling, causing Raph to smile and think Well, Raph isn't the worse nickname ever...
----------------------------------------------
Raph felt his hair whip around slightly as he and Mikey entered the park and knew he made the right call going today. Mikey was bouncing on the balls of his feet in excitement and was holding on to the older teens hand tightly.

"You ready Mikey?" Raph asked, smiling down at the smaller boy. Mikey nodded and let go of Raphs hand, running for the swings. Raph smiled and called out "Stay where I can see you!"

"Alright!"

Raph looked around the park, while keeping an eye on Mikey. A lot's happened these last two days Raph thought, walking over to one of the rusty benches and sitting down.

"And that boy is the center of it..." Raph muttered, glancing back towards the swing set where Mikey had been playing. As he looked over, Raph felt his blood freeze. Mikey was gone.

"MIKEY?!" Raph shouted, his guy jerking in fear. He jumped up and quickly ran over to the swing set and looked around frantically.

"MIK-" Raph stopped as his phone let out a quick noise, alerting him to a text. A sense of dread filled him as he reached for his phone, clicked it on then watched as the screen lit up with the message.

Raph eyes went wide as he read

New Message (1)

Dude hurry over to the alley by the park, I found a blond little runt we could beat the snot out of. He's a real brat. -Casey

0-0-0-0-0

Raph skidded into the alley, looked around only to see Casey grinning like a fool.

"Hey dude!" Casey exclaimed, a smirk set on his face as he jerked his head back to gesture behind him and said "Got the kid right here."

Raph walked over to the darkest corner of the alley on shaking legs and almost cried with what he saw. Mikey was leaning in the corner, blood dripping from a large cut on his forehead and his  right cheek was now a dark black mess of bruises. Mikey's shirt was torn in different places and Raph could see cuts and scales littered on the child's small body. Mikey's eyes were closed and his face relaxed, letting Raph know the blond child was unconscious.

"You son of a bitch." Raph whispered, anger causing his hands to clench into fists.

Casey gave a surprised splutter and growled out "What did you just say, Raph?"

"I said, YOU SON OF A FUCKING BITCH!"

And with that launched himself towards Casey, fists flying in every direction with the only purpose being to hit Casey as many times possible.

As he punched Casey, Raph thought is that kid really worth fighting my best friend over? I mean, I've only known him two days.

Even though Raph though that statement, he knew Mikey was worth fighting Casey over. Mikey liked actually being around Raph, not because he knew Raph was the toughest, or because he had to be, but because he liked Raph. And there was something about that kid, something, that just made Raph wanna hold him close and protect him from the world. He felt he could be himself around that kid, and he didn't even, couldn't even, feel that around his own family.

"YOU...PIECE...OF...CRAP!" Raph screamed, punching Casey in the face with each word, the last lunch knocking the pinned teen out.

Getting up, Raph spit on Casey and quickly ran over to Mikey, who was just waking up.

"Ugghhhh...I'M SORRY, PLEASE DONT-" Mikey screeched in fear, only to sob in relief when he saw it was Raph. Raph smiled at Mikey and gave a huff of shock when Mikey threw himself into the older teens arms and sobbed.

"It's okay Mikey, It's okay..."Raph comforted him as he carried Mikey out of the alleyway and into the park. He was so focused on Mikey, Raph never noticed a brown haired, blue eyed teen staring in shock after him.