Leo and Mikey Chat

A/N: do I talk to you guys enough? Cause I wanna get to know you guys more then just as random people. I like talking to you guys and I just wanted to check to see if you want me to talk to you. Because you are ALL BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE YOU ALL!! <3 now, onto the story!

Leonardo walked into the orphanage, holding onto Mikey's hand tightly. He felt like his mind was spinning in horrible circles and he felt sick to his stomach. Leonardo and Mikey had chatted on the way to the orphanage and Leonardo was instantly drawn to Mikey, immediately loving the little kids charm and personality. And it made him absolutely sick to think of anyone hurting someone as nice and innocent as Mikey.

"Hey Mikey..." Leonardo said, looking down at his small companion, who looked up and said "Yea?"

".....Why did you stop that kid-"

"Leatherhead." Mikey corrected, causing Leonardo to smile and finish "Why did you stop Leatherhead from beating me up?"

Mikey smiled at him and said "Cause you're my new friend!"

Leonardo felt a weird feeling enter his gut. Growing up, even now, Leonardo had trouble making friends because of his personality. Father said he was a natural born leader, which made sense, seeing as he hated taking orders that he felt were wrong. But with his personality, strictness, and wanting to be perfect in everything he does always secured him the spot of much hatred in his schools. If a student did something wrong and Leonardo noticed it, he reported it. If someone was cheating, Leonardo made sure the teacher was aware. He never let anyone copy his work, always took charge during (forced) group projects, and gave orders that he thought were necessary. He was always jealous of his brothers in that way, seeing as they made friends so easily. He remembered how normal and nature it looked for Raphael to be in the group if teens he just met and felt a jolt go through him. Shaking away the small tendrils of jealously that's started to take root, Leonardo focused back on Mikey.

"Friend huh?" Leonardo said with a sad smile, which Mikey copied and a dreadful feeling entered his gut. Mikey looked at the ground and said "Leo...?"

"Yeah Mikey?" He said, worry filling him. Mikey frowned at the ground and asked "What's it like...having a family?"

Leonardo stared speechless, wondering how was he supposed to deal with this?!

"I know I have a family, but they aren't always here, and I just..." Mikey trailed off and Leonardo was shocked to see him in tears.

"Hey now! Please don't cry!" Leonardo said in a panic. Mikey sniffed and tried to stop the tears that were spilling over, to no avail.

"It's just...I never had a family before them. I didn't know what it was like to have a mommy, or daddy, not even a brother or sister. My mommy and daddy..." Mikey broke off into deeper sobs, his tiny body shaking with the force of it. Leonardo kneeled all the way down and quickly swept Mikey in a hug, the sudden urge of not wanting Mikey to cry, MAKE IT STOP! overtaking him.

"Hey calm now. You have Leatherhead, and Karai, and Ice Cream Kitty, and Raph....and me." Leonardo said soothingly, rubbing Mikey's back in an attempt to comfort the small child.

"Really?" Mikey hiccuped, eyes still full of tears and Leonardo nodded, and said "Yeah, we are friends now, remember?"

"Can I call you Leo then?!" Mikey asked excitedly, suddenly bouncing around and Leonardo laughed.

"Yeah, that's a good nickname." He said smiling and Mikey nodded once before saying "Good, cause I was gonna call you that anyway."

Leonardo laughed and followed the newly energized Mikey, who was running around in circles and smiled.

Leonar-, no Leo, felt true happiness rise in him for the first time in a long time.

0-0-0-0-0

Casey groaned as Karai kicked him across the room, anger covering her features. Karai slowly walked up to Casey and Raph watched in anticipation as he resumed his new task of holding back Ice Cream Kitty, who was once more hissing and clawing to get to Casey.

"What. Are. You. Gonna. Do. Know. Sick. Mother. FUCKER?" Karai said as she kicked Casey in the stomach with each word. Adding in a random kick to the knee or face added to her fun and Karai laughed as she did so. Blood sprayed from a broken nose and Ice Cream Kitty laughed as Casey cried in pain. Adding one final kick, Karai spit on Casey and glanced at the clock. A look of surprise covered her features.

"Huh, I've been kicking this piece of shit for about 40 minutes now." She said pleasantly and wiped her hands on her pants. Leatherhead nodded and said "We've been here to long. Hopefully our...friend here got the message."

Casey nodded frantically as he backed away from the four teens and huddled himself in the corner. Nodding to each other, Raph, Karai, and Leatherhead all pushed Ice Cream Kitty out of the house and started making their way back home. Leatherhead walked beside Raph and spoke quietly to him.

"Thank you. For helping Mikey and then helping us with out revenge." Leatherhead said solemnly and Raph nodded.

"Of course, the kids like a little brother to me already. I'd do anything for him." Raph said honestly, which caused Leatherhead to smile and say "Just know, your part of the of family now."

"That's damn straight!" Karai called out, cheering as she did so. Ice Cream Kitty howled his approval at the sky and they all laughed hard enough that they ended up having tears roll down their eyes.

"Shhh!!" Ice Cream Kitty exclaimed, and everyone fell silent as the bushes shook and a figure stepped out, startling them all. The person was a male with a black, button up shirt with a purple tie, black pants and purple glasses. Raph gasped, and once the teen saw him, and so did the figure.

"Raphael?!" The teen said, causing Raph to exclaim "Donatello?!"