Ashonté

(Ashonte in media)

"I'ma love you girl... The way you need. Ain't no one gone stop us. Ain't no one gone stop us. And ima give you girl.. what you need. I'm the drug in your veins. Despite through the pain. He's what you want.. He's what you want. He's what you want. He's what you want... I'm what you need."
The Weeknd / What You Need

Ashonté

"Man nigga won't you be quiet? I'm trynna mack on this new bitch Tasha and you messing me up."

Ashonté hated the N word, but she hated a female being called a bitch the worse. She examined the young man standing before her who said those ignorant words. Had the hightop fade with a tye-dye shirt and his adidas joggers hanging down to his knees. She mentally rolled her eyes. Ashonté didn't understand why young men had to dress with their pants hanging down. Young black men at that. "Saggin" as what people would call it. Is "Niggas" spelt backwards.

So if a person says "Look at them saggin". It's really "Look at them Niggas."

"Excuse me." She spoke up. The boy, known as TK, looked down at her. He smiled showing the blue and black braces in his mouth.

"My bad ma." TK announced moving over to the side. Ashonté walked inside class, not before hearing whispers from TK and his friend Shaun.

Ashonté grabbed her seat in the middle front area. It's the first day and she didn't want to sit in the back, knowing that's where TK and his loud friends would be. The bell would ring in about three minutes or so. Ashonté took out her supplies, which was a blue mechanical pencil, two sheets of wide-ruled paper, and a highlighter.

The rest of the class emerged in and class began.

"Alright class my name is Mr. Gionno but I'd prefer to be called Mr. G. I'm your math teacher for this semester, but some of you will have me next semester as well." Ashonté sat in her desk and watched as Mr. Gionno walked back and forth across the classroom. She listened as he rambled on and on about class procedures and what not.

"Excuse me? How long is this class?" A girl named Yolanda asked looking at her Michael Kors watch.

"You have ninety minutes each class. Is there somewhere you have to be?" Mr. Gionno asked raising his eyebrows.

"N-"

"Yeah she do. She gotta be in the school locker room by 12 to go suck some dick for a chicken sandwich. " Ashonté looked back and saw Shaun and TK dapping each other up and laughing. She look at Yolanda who was sticking her middle finger up.

It's gonna be one long year.

Math class went by fast and it was now time for Ashonté to go to English class which was located in D building. Math was in A building and students had eight minutes to get to class. To get from A to D building is about a three minutes walk, not to mention the traffic that's going be held because of students stopping and talking.

"Ashonté!" She looked back at who was calling her name and smiled. It was Kelly, her bestfriend since the sandbox days. Ashonté and Kelly hadn't seen each other over the summer, since Kelly was away in Florida.

"Hey girl! Who class you going to?" Ashonté asked looking at Kelly's schedule. They had English, Art, and First lunch together.

"Yes! We got English together." Kelly squealed as they walked along. Kelly was always the one to get excited about anything. If it was someone's birthday, she'd be more excited than them.

The two walked to their class and found seats next to each other. They mingled around and met alot of people. The bell soon rung and class started.

**

School went by like a breeze. Ashonté had atleast six new contacts in her phone. She even got invited to a back to school party some kid was having later on tonight, but she wasn't feeling it. Ashonté wasn't the party type. Especially since the last party she went to, where she was teased about her weight. Ashonté's a plus sized thing. Smooth brownskin with lightbrown eyes and curly hair. She was the package. Until that one girl decided to say something rude. But that didn't stop Ashonté. She kept doing her thing.

Ashonté walked to the schools parking lot and got into her car. It's 2:35 and she had to be at work by 3. She had no choice but to just change clothes in the employees restroom and work. Since Buffalo Wild Wings was only ten minutes away from school, she had enough time to go into the restroom, change her clothes, and come back out.

A few minutes later Ashonté arrived at work and rushed through the doors and immediately headed towards the bathroom. She changed her clothes and went into the back and placed her school clothes in her work cubby. She clocked in and began a days work.

"Hello! My name is Ashonté. I'm your waitress for this evening."

**

Was this a good chapter ?

Does it need more details?

Let me know.

- Brittney .