Ashontè

The tension was intense. Ashan Forked around with the green beans on his plate. His chicken and mash potatoes had gotten cold. He watched as Ashontè drunk some of her lemonade. Mama was the only one who managed to clean her plate and get seconds. Ashton wasn't here, no one knew where he was.

Mama called Lexus and asked if she knew where he was. Lexus said no and that he was supposed to pick up Leon earlier today, but ofcourse, he never showed up.

"You too old to be playing with your food boy. Eat it or starve."

"I need to heat this up." Ashan said while getting up and grabbing his plate. "Take mine too."

Ashan looked at Ashontè for a quick second. He smirked and grabbed a small corner of her plate, before spilling it over her clothes.
"Slippery Plate." He said while walking away.

Mama tried to go after Ashan but Ashontè stopped her "Nah Ma. Don't get him. I got Itm" She said while marching into the kitchen. Ashan was just putting his food in the microwave right before Ashontè raised her hand and popped the side of his face. The loud smack caused Mama to run into the kitchen and see what was going on.

Ashontè punched Ashan's nose and he pushed her to the ground. Mama broke the two apart. She couldn't believe what was happening between her children. They might be had a few arguments here and there, but neither of them had reached this level. She helped Ashontè up and grabbed her by the arm "Don't you go nowhere." Mama scolded Ashan. Mama dragged Ashontè into her room and slammed the door shut. She pranced into the bathroom and grabbed some peroxide, neasporin, and Band-Aids.

"Come Here Ashan. I'm The Bathroom"

Ashan walked to where Mama was and sat ontop of the toilet lid.

"What The Fuck Is Wrong With Yall?" Mama fussed while wiping the blood from her sons's cheeks and nose. She dapped some peroxide on it and stuffed cotton balls up his nostrils.

Ashan shrugged and tensed up as Mama touched the side of his face. Ashontè must've smacked him good because his cheek was swollen and hand marks on it.

"I don't know what this mean." She said while copying Ashan's shrug.

"Ion know ma. That's your daughter. You ask ha." He said while clenching his jaw. "Ion got nothing to do with her and when my son or daughter come, they ain't gone have shit to do with her either. If the baby is mine."

Mama pressed the pressure points on Ashan's knee. He winced in pain.

"Owww... Fuck!"

"Number one, watch your mouth when you talking to me. Two, that is your sister. Yall full blood, ain't none of that bullshit you just said gone happen. Whether you like it or not, you better suck it up and keep yo mouth shut dammit. Ya' hea me?"

Ashan ignored Mama.

"I said do you hear me." She asked with more tone in her voice. Ashan nodded.

"That's what I thought...You got that shit from your father and you betta lose it. And I mean it. As long as you staying here, you gone listen to me. I am your mother. I'm not your friend and I will never be your friend. Now gone round there and clean up. I gotta go talk to your sister."

Ashan got up and walked out the kitchen and did what he was told. Mama shook her head at what had happened. This was going to be the very first and last time that something this terrible went down between family lines.

**

To Be Continued