Ashonté

(Salom in media)

Watching haters wonder why Gambino got the game locked
Half-Thai thickie, all she wanna do is Bangkok
Got her hair done, French braids, now she A$AP
Bino so insensitive, she asking, "Why you say that?!"
I'm chillin', real nigga feeling
Rich kid, asshole: paint me as a villain
Still spitting that cash flow: DJ Khaled
I got a penthouse on both coasts, pH balance
Real nigga, I rep those, why though? Cause I said so
Hip deep in the Pepto, I got five on her like Ben Folds
I got more tail than that PetCo, you faker than some Sweet'N Low
Yeah, you got some silverware, but really are you eating though?
Childish Gambino/Sweatpants

Ashonté

"Welcome class, today we will be going to the library for the group assignments I assigned yesterday. Ashonté, Kamil, and Salom, you guys are partners since yall weren't here yesterday." Mrs. Rosero said in a stern voice. Ashonté got a view stares and sorrowful looks. Not because of the assignment, because of the group messages and facebook posts between Kozart and his friends.

"I'm here for you." A girl named Tina whispered into Ashonté's ear. It was always nice to know she had people there for her. The class chatted around before it was time to go down to the library. They had to do research of the African American Society . Basically on how African America's are judged.

It's not often that you'll type in the word African American Male, and a bunch of college scholars and rich people pop up. It's mainly black men who got locked up or died, shot, or was involved in a racial event. If you type in African American Female, it's gonna talk about teen pregnancy and HIV. That's pretty much how the African American Society is judged.

"Shonté?" Salom called out walking towards Ashonté who was chatting with the class. Ashonté nodded.

"Huh?"

"Can we talk?" Salom asked pulling Ashonté to the side. The two walked to a deserted corner and Salom began to whisper her words, she was talking so low, Ashonté couldn't hear a word she was saying.

"What? Child speak up!" Ashonté spoke

Salom began to speak, this time her words were alittle more clear.

"You're pregnant?" Ashonté whispered, trying not to cause a seen. Salom nodded and kept her head down. Almost as if she was ashamed.

Ashonté comforted her friend "Don't be ashamed. Things happen for a reason."

"I'm not ashamed..it's just by the wrong person and I just feel so bad." Salom cried into Ashonté's arms. Her grey Polo sweater now had damp wet spots in some areas.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"That's why I came to talk to you.." Salom said drying her tears. Before she could speak the teacher told the students to walk down to the library.
"Tell me later okay?" Ashonté said before walking out the door.

**

"Y'all going to homecoming?" Kodak asked sitting down on the couch and eating her chinese food. Everybody but Ashonté said yes.

"Why you not going?" Treasure asked while texting on her phone. Her Chinese food probably was cold by now. All she do is text and go on instagram.

"Cause I don't want to. I might not go to prom either." She spoke while finishing off her egg roll.

"Me neither."Kodak said

"Y'all lame. Me and Cuantes finna be prom goals 2k15." Kelly spoke proudly as she clapped her hands. Ashonté rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Treasure was texting her on phone when she asked the girls a question "Aye yall know Salom?" She asked looking up from her phone.

Kelly shook her head no "I'd know her if I see her." Kodak said the same.

"Yeah, she's a friend of mine why?" Ashonté asked while grabbing a spring roll from the plastic bag.

All eyes turned to her as she took a bite out the roll. It was an awkward silence until Leon came running in Ashonté's room. He ran into her lap and held onto her neck tight.
"Yes Leon?" She asked him while playing in his hair.

He patted his tummy and started smiling. The girls laughed at him and Ashonté sat him down on a blanket and gave him a small plate with noodles on it.
"Now what were you saying?" Ashonté asked

Treasure tossed her phone to Ashonté as Kelly and Kodak drew in closer to see what was going on.
"Girl this is a iPhone 6S, honey you can be tossing it all around like that." Kelly said

Ashonté looked at the twitter post that tagged her, Treasure, Kozart, and his friends. They read the tweets and Ashonté raised her eyebrow.

What the...

Tomias23
@tomiasbigboss19

Finally got my wish , looks like I'm finna have a lil nephew or niece soon. @KozartThaGodd been putting in work .

KozartThaGodd
@kozart1000

You wildin' boe @Tomias23 what kids I got ?

KozartThaGodd
@kozart1000

@CountingCuantes @MoneyteamAndres

"What they talking about?" Kelly asked Treasure.

"Keep reading."

"I'm trying but Ashonté scroll too fast!"

Tomias23
@tomiasbigboss19

@SlumlordSalom

CountingCuantes
@thatboytes

Yall messy. but fr ? Salom pregnant?What about my girl Ashonte!?

Tomias23
@tomiasbigboss19

Duh , oh and she was the one in the video on groupchat. The video like three months old though.

Ashonte handed the phone back to Treasure and shook her head.

So that's what she had to tell me.

The girls look at Ashonté with sorrowful looks.

These sad looks are happening way too often.

"Stop looking at me like that." Ashonté said wiping off Leon's face and hands. She gave him a little bit more noodles and ripped up pieces of chicken. She poured some of her juice into his sippy cup that he'd left in her room last night.

The girls decided the change the subject and was talking about homecoming and the king and queen thing. Ashonté had her head in the clouds. She remembered the thing her grandma told her right before her first year of highschool.

The 7b's.

The 7 Bs : Books Before Boys Because Boys Bring Babies.

The baby part might not be for her in this particular moment. But she was right about Books before boys.

Ashonté's phone had lit up and she saw a text notification. She unlocked her phone and ignored the other unread messages. The new message was from Salom.

Salom ☺ : Ashonté ...

Ashonté made a straight face and pressed the home button on her phone and locked it. Ashonté knew she couldn't be mad at Salom. To be honest, she didn't who to be mad at.

All she knew was that Kozart was in and out her life just that quick.

**

(To be continued)