Ashonté

(Kozart in media)

Don't you open up that window
Don't you let out that antidote
Poppin' pills is all we know
In the hills is all we know Hollywood
Don't go through the front door
Through the back
It's lowkey at the night show
So don't open up that window
Don't you let out that antidote
Travis Scott / Antidote

Ashonté

"Shonté? You performing at the pep rally?" Kelly asked grabbing her NIKE practice bag out the trunk. Ashonté nodded her head as she started walking towards the building.

"Yeah." She responded as they reached the H gym. People were setting up and getting ready for the pep rally this morning. Ashonté walked over to where the dance team was and checked in. She exchanged hugs and hellos with everyone and went to go get changed into her practice clothes.

She got dressed and headed back on the gym floor and put her stuff on the bleachers. The song Drunk Texting by Chris Brown blasted the gym speakers and the girls started walking out. Alittle late, Ashonté quickly ran to her spot and started doing the moves.

The dance team practice about two more times before the next people to perform had to rehearse. The team met again in the dance room.

"Shonté? Come here!" A girl name Christy called, Ashonté walked over to Christy and her girls.

"Wassup?" Ashonté asked her. She spoke to the rest of the girls and Christy began to speak.

"You know Kozart?"

"Yeah."

"You see that girl over in the corner with Lucie and Shannon?" She asked pointing to a redheaded girl. Ashonté couldn't lie, she was pretty. Not even pretty, she was gorgeous.

Christy shook her head "She's supposedly pregnant with Kozart's baby. They been on and off since the ninth grade. But you never know, she's been with a guy named Elroy too, so you might be lucky that it's not Kozart's."

Ashonté rolled her eyes and her stomach became to weaken. Her mood damped alittle. "Don't be to hard on yourself honey. That's just how it is nowadays." One of Christy's friends, Dianna said. The other girls agreed and comforted Ashonte.

"Nah I'm good." Ashonté said smiling and walking away. She went and chatted with some more girls before they had to get ready for the pep rally. Around 10:45 the girls had to get dressed and put on makeup.

"Oh my gosh look at the people!" Krystal said peeping out the changing room door. Krystal was always a nervous wreck when the team had to perform. You had to hand her a brown paper bag and a cup of ice chips to calm her ass down.

"Krystal girl calm down. You always get nervous but end up doing good in the end. If somebody talk about you, honey don't worry about it. They making you famous boo." A dance member, Cyan, told her.

It was true. Krystal could dance her behind off. It's just her nerves get the best of her at most times. Rarely, she'd back out and sit on the bleachers holding our fan sign.

"Now for the real entertainment, let's give it up for the Dancing Jaguars."

The team got in line and started prancing out onto the floor. The students wear roaring and stomping in the bleachers Drunk Texting started playing softly, but eventually got louder. Aria threw the stand abd a few moments later, the girls started dancing.

Every now and the. Ashonté would peep over at Krystal and smile, she was doing just fine.

I don't even know why she was worried. Ashonté thought as she breezed through the dance moves.
A few moments later the dance was over and the team pranced back into the room. Walking with sass and attitude.

"Girl you did good honey I don't know why you was worried." Ashonté told Krystal. Sweat was dripping down her neck and forehead. Krystal smiling and hugged Ashonté.

"Thanks girl."

Ashonté nodded her head and said her goodbyes to everyone, she went into the shower room and took a quick shower then got ready. It was now 11:15 and a few more performances were left. We messed first block and it was the last few minutes of second block. Next is RTI. After getting lotioned up and redressed, Ashonté walked out the room and went out of H gym's double doors.

"Aye Ashonté?"

I recognized that voice.

She turned around and saw kozart walking towards her. She shook her head and walked away.

I do NOT have time for this.

**

(To be continued)