Ashonte

Cold air filled the room. The typical hospital smell made Ashonte's stomach turn. Salom's hospital gown flowed up every now and then. Making her shiver. The bench she sat on in the room was squeaky and torn. The usual.

"How many months are you?"

"I don't know..I haven't been keeping up everything lately. "

"When did you take the test?"

"I didn't take a test out of the box. I was getting sick and you know how when you start missing your periods?"

"Yeah...."

"That's when I got the suspicion. I came here and talked to my doctor. I had to pee in a cup and that's when it all went down. I don't know who's the father either..."

Silence filled the room.

Minutes later the doctor came in and talked to Salom. She checked on the baby and gave some updates. The doctor, Mrs.Alex, said Salom measured to be around four months solid. Also, she said that Salom needed to gain atleast 45 more pounds. Just for the baby's sake.

The rest of the appointment went smoothly.

Salom's next appointment was next month on a Thursday. She was planning on bringing Ashan and Kozart to the appointment. Since one of them might be the father, she didn't want them missing out on the gender finding. The girls were now at Baby's R Us. Salom wanted to do a little more shopping.

"This crib looks nice."

Ashonte looked at the crib that caught Salom's eye. It was a rich dark brown color with a slide down door. Little monkey's were carved down the legs.

"It's cute. How much is it?"

"$317.99."

"That's not that bad. What main things do you still need besides the crib?"

"I do need more bottles and a breastpump. I didn't buy too much clothes yet because I'd rather know the gender first. I already have everything else."

"Alright well I'm going to get more bottles and the breastpump."

"Okay"

Ashontè walked over to the other side of the building to look at bottles and a breastpump. She wanted the a good bottle brand and figured that she'd buy them since Salom was buying a crib.

Picking up an Avant brand bottle and examined the information on the box. She grabbed another box and one case of another brand. She walked through the other isles and found the breastpumps. Ashontè found a worker and asked her about with breastpump is the better choice. Eventually, she went with the most expensive one.

Of course.

Grabbing the pump, she totaled up the items in her head while walking to the register. All of it together rounded up to $72.56. Not including tax. A pregnant girl was at the register ringing up. She was almost finished and was getting her money ready. A quarter dropped from her hand.

Ashontè picked it up and gave it to her.

"Thanks" the girl said while receiveing her change. Ashontè took a closer look and realized who it was. She got uncomfortable and wished the girl's transaction would go faster. The girl's phone started to ring and Ashontè could see the name flash across the screen.

Kozart