Chapter Three

How are you guys liking the store so far?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Stiles point of view]

How the hell am I suppose to stay away from Derek, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later I just didn't expect it to be like this. I sigh flopping onto my bed looking back at the letter he left me early this morning. I grinned, there has to be some way I can be with him without entirely not talking to him. Why does it feel like he just broke up with me, why do I feel so clingy.

I looked at my phone determining if I should text Scott and tell him the truth or tell him a lie. Peter would know if I told him the truth...how did he even guess. I toss my phone to the side and run my hand through my hair staring up at the ceiling. I hear a soft knock on my door and sit up from my spot.

"Come in." I call out.

My dad walks in with a smile on his face, I smile back even if I am feeling shitty about the whole Derek situation. It's just not fair, Peter is an asshole and now we have to pay for it.

"Wanna help me with a couple of cases?" My dad jabbed his thumb in the direction of the door.

"Yeah sure." I get up from my bed and walk out the room my father right behind me.

"Is everything okay?" He questioned and I nodded dismissing his concern, "Stiles..."

"Everything is fine!" I grumble taking my seat at the kitchen table where the files are already spread out.

"It doesn't seem like it." He spoke sympathetically and I sighed.

"Pack problems that's all." I lied.

"Scott giving you a hard time?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Not Scott." I start flipping through a case.

"Derek?"

I stop mid-flip taken aback I mean I knew he knew that Derek was in the pack I just didn't think he'd suggest him being the problem. I flipped the paper that I stopped on earlier.

"No-can we just not talk about it." I muttered my ears burning red.

"Okay..." He shrugged still eyeing me.

We sat in silence looking through some of the cases. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. I was so close to revealing Derek to my father this is all getting too risky for my liking and I know Derek doesn't like it either. The riskiness that is.

~*~

[Derek's Point of View]

I feel someone shake my arm waking me from my sleep, a fuzzy looking Erica was standing in front of me a glare on her face. I groan and toss one of my pillows at her, she catches it with her werewolf reflexes and throws it back at me. I make no move to catch it so I let it hit my back to upset to do anything.

"What's your deal?" She sits at the edge of my bed.

I note that she's in joggers and her hair is in a big sloppy bun. I sigh and sit up slouching a little, I want to tell her everything I do but I can't. So I do the next best thing and sneakily grab a pillow and hit her with it. She falls off my bed with a grin and laughs. I laugh too because Erica knows how to make me feel better when I'm down. Just like Stiles does.

"My deal is that I was sleeping." I watch as she gets back up and sits in my computer chair.

"You usually don't take naps." She pointed a suspicious finger at me.

"I didn't get much sleep last night." I murmur feeling the blood rush to my cheeks.

She grins at me getting a knowing look on her face. I'm glad she caught out on knowing Peter he was probably trying to listen in on our conversation. I threw another pillow at her and she let out a delighted squeal. I put my finger over my mouth indicating that I wanted her to be quiet about. She nodded.

"You and Isaac were gaming all night...weren't you?" She lied flawlessly.

"Yup, we finally finished that stupid game he's been making me play for a week already." She nodded and I felt this weird sort of confidence talking about what I did without Peter actually knowing what we were really talking about.

"We should hang out with him today." She twirled in my chair.

"Are you sleeping over?" I slipped out it bed stretching.

"Please?" She smiled.

"Yeah, I'll call Isaac and then we could head out." I went for the door, "you want a snack or drink while I'm out here?"

"Nope, I'm gonna lock the door so I can change." She practically shoved me out the room and I rolled my eyes letting her.

"Have fun." I muttered sarcastically as I went down the stairs.

"You know I will." She chimed back shutting the door.

Downstairs I can hear Peter watching a basketball game and I deliberately choose to not walk past him and take the longish way into the kitchen. I open the fridge and grab a water bottle suddenly feeling dehydrated. I hear soft foot steps enact from behind me and I turn to see Peter looking at me with his arms over his chest.

"You do know you're grounded, right?" He glared at me.

"You do know that I don't care, right?" I mock him giving him a scowl.

"That's no way to talk to your elder." He shakes his head almost faking disappointment.

"Well, Erica, Isaac, and I are going out and I can't just cancel plans." I take a drink out of my water bottle.

"I don't like this attitude you're giving me if it's because of that Bilinski-"

"No it's not because of him, it's because I don't like you." I shove past him and he grabs my arm with a rough grip.

"You watch that mouth of yours, you are grounded tell Erica to go home and cancel your plans...THAT'S AN ORDER!" He yelled his patience low.

I pull away from him and rub at my sore arm, who the hell does he think he is. I glare at him and stomp back up to my room, I feel my cheeks becoming red with anger but I only knock on my door once waiting for Erica to open. She opens giving me a sympathetic smile, she had heard our little argument while she was getting ready. She packs her bag and hugs me tightly.

"I'll text you." She murmurs.

"Yeah." I give her half a hug and she walks out the room.

I watch from my window as she walks out of the house and around the corner disappearing from my line of sight. I sigh, why does Peter have to ruin everything?

~*~

[Scott's Point Of View]

My phone rang and I answered it seeing Stiles' caller ID. I wait until he says hello. The only thing is I hear crying and sniffles.

"Stiles?" I question.

"Can you come over?" He croaks.

"I'm on my way."