Chapter Sixteen

This is hockeyfan8731_1D chapter!  Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16

Stiles’s POV

Scott and I talked for hours last night. Now here we were the next morning, me sitting in Scott’s computer desk chair while he’s curled up in a tiny fragile ball on his bed. Boy, I never realized just how much me saying that I wanted him to stay the hell away from Derek and I really hurt Scott until I heard what he went through the last month.

*Flashback to last night*

“After you said that to me, I just shifted and ran. I ran for practically all day and night trying to get it off my mind” he says sighing.

“I’m sorry, Scotty." I apologize for the billionth time since I got here last night.

“That’s not even the worst part” he says.

“It’s not?” I look at him in disbelief that he could’ve went through something worse.

He nods, “I took off running so fast that I never realized how far from Beacon Hills Preserve I had gotten. That was until I got shot by a group of hunters and kidnapped for the last month. I only just managed to escape today.”

“Oh my god, Scott! Is that why you’re all cut and bruised up? What did they do to you? What did they want with you? Do you know who they were?” I throw a billion questions at him.

“No, I don’t know who they are. As for what they did to me, I’d rather not talk about it. All I know is that when they took me they kept asking me if I knew who Derek Hale was and where they could find him” he begins explaining the events of what happened.

“What did you tell them?” I ask, looking at him, fear starting to set in.

“Did they say what they wanted with Derek?” I ask again before he’s able to respond.

“Not to me directly, but I did hear someone say something about wanting to eliminate Derek and his pack and that the baby he’s carrying needs to be destroyed." Scott bit at one of his nails.

I gasp “Why is someone always trying to harm or get rid of Derek and the pack?”

“We’re going to figure this out Stiles. I already talked to Deaton and he’s going to do some research to see if he can figure out who these hunters are” he tries to reassure me.

“I hope you’re right” I say then yawn, “Well there’s really nothing we can do at this hour unfortunately, so let’s get some sleep and then in the morning we’ll get up bright an early to get the pack together and tell them about what went down and talk about what we’re going to do to handle this.”

“Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. You can take the bed, I’ll sleep on the floor” he says taking off his clothes getting ready to sleep, “Night, Stiles.”

“Night Scott, I’m glad you’re okay” I say, climbing on Scott’s bed and laying down getting cozy.

*End of Flashback*

I look at my phone the next morning and see that it’s already 9:30am and Scott’s still sleeping.

Okay, Scott’s been sleeping long enough, Time for him to get up so we can get this show on the road, I think to myself as I walk over to the bed where Scott now lies. I gently shake him awake not wanting to startle him considering all that he's been through.

“Gah!” he jumps up still tense, “What the hell Stiles?!”

“Get up! I want to get to Derek’s and get this whole thing started” I started tapping my fingers on my leg nervously.