Chapter Eighteen

This is hockeyfan8731_1D chapter and you should totally check out her profile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek's POV

It's been a few weeks now since Scott returned to the pack and we learned that there were hunters after me yet again. We also figured out that these hunters were more than likely connected to Colin and Dmitri Murphy who were the two brothers who found out about me and threatened to out me to the school along with the whole world.

I sat on my bed rubbing my now six month belly, staring up at the ceiling trying to imagine what my life would be like if I wasn't a werewolf and didn't have people constantly threatening mine and the people I loved lives. It seems like it would be pretty great honestly, but then again, I probably wouldn't have met Stiles and be carrying our precious baby girl.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Isaac asks walking into my room although I don't quite hear him at first.

"Hmm? Oh, hey Isaac. Sorry about that I was just deep in thought. What's up?" I question when I acknowledge his presence.

"Just wanted to let you know that the girls are almost finished with the baby shower prep so people will be showing up in a few hours. Are you sure you're okay Der?" he says.

Great. The baby shower is today. I completely forgot. Now I'm going to have to sit downstairs with a bunch of people I couldn't give a rats ass about, and who I know couldn't give a rats ass about me other than my pack and strangely Peter, because the only people who have ever given a rats ass about me died years ago. But like the 'amazinig' alpha wolf I am I'll suck it up for the good of all of those who put this all together for me and my baby.

"I'm fine Isaac honestly." I say.

He scoffs, "I've known you for quite some time now Derek, I know when you're lying."

I growl at him because he's starting to piss me off, "As your alpha I'm telling you to back off Isaac."

He instantly cowers away and I suddenly feel really guilty, "S-Sorry.. I'll leave you alone.."

He walks out of my room and walks downstairs.

-New Text Message-

To: Sourwolf 😊

From: Stiles

Jeez, what did you say to Isaac? He just ran out of here completely shifted... He even had a tail this time Der and it was between his hind legs...

Oh god, this was bad. I really fucked up. The only time a werewolf like Isaac ever completely shifts to the point where he fully transforms into a wolf is when he has been injured very badly or hurt emotionally and their only escape is to shift and become something else to forget it all.

-Outgoing Text Message-

To: Stiles

From: Sourwolf

I fucked up Stiles I really fucked up with Isaac...

I get up from my bed and walk downstairs before I get a reply from Stiles, knowing full well he's already down there with the girls putting the finishing touches on the loft for the baby shower.

I walk past Lydia, Allison, and Erica on my way to the porch to grab my shoes and coat to go out and look for Isaac. I notice that Stiles is in the kitchen making what appears to be mini sandwiches.

I turn the doorknob and it creaks loudly. I cringe knowing that Stiles will be lecturing me any second about my well being and keeping our baby safe.