Chapter Twelve

hockeyfan8731_1D amazing chapter!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Derek's point of view]

Two weeks after Stiles and I, along with a few other members of the pack went to Deaton's to tell him about Colin and his brother, and Deaton gave me an ultrasound to check on the baby, Stiles and I are back at Deaton's to find out the sex of the baby.

I fidgeted in my seat by Stiles who looked just as anxious as I felt. Deaton had a legit patient with an actual animal problem so we had to wait until he was done. It was nerve wracking honestly, thinking about what the baby is going to be. It makes it so much more real. Like right now it feels almost like a dream. I looked at Stiles again and he was biting at his nails, it was a bad habit that I didn't mind.

"How much longer?" he asked, running his hand through his hair.

He reeked of anxiety but he usually did when it came to the baby. I gave him a weak smile shrugging my shoulders. It feels like we're going to be stuck here all day. I grabbed Stiles's hand kissing the back of it. He smiled at me, he was grateful I could tell.

"Thanks again, Dr. Deaton" the lady walked out, a rabbit in her arms.

"No problem." Deaton smiled brightly at her.

She walked out giving Stiles and I a polite smile. Finally we could go in. Deaton opened the door wider so that we could walk in. Stiles and I stood up. I'm ready, I need to know.

"Go ahead and hop up on the table and we'll get started" Deaton tells me.

I do what Deaton says and hop up on the table, laying on my back and pull up my shirt revealing my baby bump which seems to have grown a considerable amount in the last three to four months.

I look over at Stiles who has the biggest goofy grin plastered on his face, staring at my bump.

"It just keeps getting cuter and cuter everyday!" he giggles wildly.

"Oh shut up it's not that cute" I complain, blushing insanely, yet hold my baby bump protectively.

"Admit it Der, your absolutely in love with the tiny being in your belly" he laughs, leaning over and kissing me tenderly.

I hum in response, not speaking.

"You guys are too cute" Deaton smiles at us, walking over and squirting some gel on my bump and starts moving the wand thingy over it, searching for the baby.

I stare intently at the screen waiting too see my baby "Is everything okay with my baby?"

"Shhh, just relax Der. I'm sure everything's fine, just give it a minute" Stiles coos trying to calm me down, squeezing my hand supportingly.

"Here's your baby" Deaton announces a little while later, smiling and gesturing towards the screen.

My head instantly snaps towards the screen and I see the imagine of my baby on it which automatically brings tears to my eyes and I smile like an idiot, "That's my baby!"

"That's our baby Der! We made that!" Stiles laughs, the same goofy grin he had on earlier is plastered on his face again. He squeezes my hand so tightly, that it actually causes me pain, his eyes never leaving the screen.

"I know, but Sti, I need you to loosen your grip on my hand, your cutting off my circulation" I chuckle and smile lovingly at his excitement and enthusiasm.

"S-Sorry.." he says, releasing my hand from his altogether, looking down at his feet.

"Don't be silly you goof, its okay" I chuckle pulling him to me and kissing him.