Chapter 20 ~ Party with old friends

"You want me to what?" Alec asks with a raised eyebrow.

I asked him to help me out with finding out who this ice cream man really is. I couldn't help myself.

"I know it sounds ridiculous but this guy sounded serious. And it's eating away at me. Please, please help me out?"

He seems sceptical as he looks up at me from his laptop. "I'll see what I can do but I can't promise anything."

"Yes! Thank you so much!" I can't help but give him a hug. "So are you gonna get some guys to go and raid his house or something cool like that?"

He chuckles, "Pipe down Jackie Chan. First I'm going to do a background check on him and see his previous listing of addresses and employments and see where that gets us Ok?"

"Oh yeah, of course. That sounds more logical."

"It might take me a little while to get everything I need."

"That's fine just let me know. And thank you again Alec, this really means a lot."

"No problemo."

After that I run upstairs where Tabitha is sitting on her bed painting her toenails. I guess it's time to get ready for this party tonight. Something I definitely wasn't looking forward too.

~ ~ ~

A couple hours later Tabitha and I are both ready and arriving at the party fashionably late. The music is blaring so loudly that I can feel the floor vibrate as I stand outside on the porch shivering from the cold.

The door is open and Tabitha basically struts inside like she owns the place whereas I hesitantly step inside. I haven't see or spoken to Roman in a few months and I fear that things will be beyond awkward between us. Which it will be I don't doubt...

I decide to look for something to drink first.

We find a table that's set up with drinks and I grab a cup and pour some punch into it. I take a few sips of it while glancing around the room before cringing at the foul taste of overpowering alcohol in my mouth.

The strobe lights are blinding my eyes as they flash and flicker around the room. Not to mention some of the people smoking that's making it even harder to see in. I tell Tabitha I'm going outside for some air. She seems too preoccupied talking to someone though so I take my leave.

As I'm walking outside I notice Chaz standing with a few of his friends all laughing and drinking. Luckily Roman isn't there. Suddenly Chaz turns and spots me standing there and his eyes widen with surprise.

"Andy? Holy shit I haven't seen you in ages! How've you been?"

I've always liked Chaz. We were really close before Roman and I had our falling out and it was just a shame that we distanced ourselves so much.

"Hey you," I smile as I give him a hug, "I know it's been a long time, I'm sorry." 

He seems to understand though. "Don't be. I get it. Shit happens to everyone that you can't control sometimes." He shrugs casually.

That's something I've always liked about Chaz. He was always a go-with-the-flow kind of guy which made it easy to hang out with him, especially if I needed time to chill out from everything else going on. I can't deny that I've missed him.

"You wanna come play some games with us?" His brown, mischievous eyes glint playfully under the lights as he beckons me to follow with a small gesture of his head.

I begin to decline but he grabs my hand and pulls me further into the backyard where people are dancing and making out. That's when I spot Roman. He's leaning against a wall with a beer in one hand and the other on a girls waist. He's got his player face on.