Liam

"Get up!"

"Noooooo! I'm staying in bed."

"Casey you have school. Get up!"

"Can't I skip school?"

"No! Get up! I found your lucky charms..."

I shoot up straight. "I'm up I'm up. Now shoo I need to get dressed."

My mum rolls her eyes and walks out my room. I wait till she's shut the door to get up. I walk over to my closet and pull out a bra and pants set, socks and a blouse. I put it all on then walk over to my bed to get my ugly school skirt.

I brush out my hair and pull it into a high pony, then put on some mascara and concealer to cover the massive bags under my eyes. I look like a panda.

I run down the stairs, two at a time and slip on the last step. I land right in my tailbone.

Who put that fucking stair there. I swear it has been put there over night or something.

"Ah the sleeping beauty finally wakes up!" My mum says as I walk into the kitchen. I scowl and plop down on a chair at the breakfast bar and wince when my tailbone starts hurting.

"Here you go!"

"Thanks..." I mumble as she hands me my cereal. I wolf it down and within what seems like seconds, it's gone. I hop up and turn to go brush my teeth and go but something stops me.

"We're visiting your nan after school so you need to come straight back. And put your tie on!"

"Okay sure whatever."

She lets go of my arm and I dash upstairs to finish getting ready for school.

+++++

To my delight as I pull up to the school, Elliot isn't waiting for me. I decide that I'm going to avoid him at all costs and walk in the back entrance for PE or physical ed.

North high has this rule where, even if you don't take phys ed you still have to do it until you graduate. The teacher Ms Clarke apparently is the wicked witch of the school so I have been dreading this lesson since yesterday once I was told about her.

"Miss Stevens?"

"Uh hi madam."

"Come with me."

I look back at Ella who looks petrified and gives me an encouraging look. I nod and follow her to a board with a list of activities.

"Now. Since you weren't here last year you don't have any sports under your name. For each term you must select a sport. You will do this until the holiday, then your sport will change. You must select 6 sports, one for each term. Understood?"

I just nod.

"Good. Now fill it in." She hands me a pencil then walks off.

Term 1 netball

Term 2 trampolining

Term 3 swimming

Term 4 girls rugby

Term 5 trampolining

Term 6 badminton and table tennis.