Chapter 23

Peter's POV

The funeral was bleak. Not just bleak but depressing and awful. Reagan couldn't stop crying and it was making me cry from listening to her. We were sitting in the first row, in front of Professor Xavier. Aidan was in the casket in front of us and it was open. The professor had asked us to say a few words towards the end of the ceremony. Since Aidan didn't have any family left, it was twice as sad.
"Aidan was a good man. He was always optimistic and never sad. He refused to let anything get between him and what he wanted. He was strong and brave and had more courage than everyone could ever hope to have. I wish that he hadn't died so young. I wish that he hadn't died protecting us because that is one debt I can never repay. When I first met Aidan, I thought he was a show off and a jerk, yeah Aidan I know your grinning at me from heaven! But what I failed to notice was the quality traits he had. He was charismatic, loyal, and a good friend. He stuck up for those he cared about and never failed to make someone smile. He kept our spirits up when we couldn't be lower. Aidan could never be replaced. He wouldn't want us to morn though. He would want us to celebrate his life!" I said. Everyone, for the first time in a funeral, began to clap and cheer. Someone whistled. Reagan, who was standing beside me, grabbed my face and yanked me down to her height, kissing me passionately.
"You are amazing!" Reagan said.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked a bit too loudly. Everyone went silent and stared at us. She blinked rapidly for a moment but broke into a smile.
"Of course!" She said and everyone cheered again.
"Give me a moment," Reagan said and dashed off the stage. I was standing there with a silly grin on my face as everyone crowded me. I saw my younger sister Wanda and lifted her up, hugging her tightly.
"Is that my sister?" She asked. I nodded and she squealed in delight. I saw Reagan kneeling by Aidan, whispering something. She patted the glass and it disappeared. After everyone had left and I got a chance to be alone with Reagan in the church, I sat down the talk with her.
"Where did you send Aidan?" He asked.
"To Amanda," she said and I nodded. She sat down, taking my hand.
"I love you," Reagan said.
"I love you too," I said, kissing her lightly.

Later that night

Reagan's POV

I was walking back to my room when I saw my friends Mal and Evie sitting on the side of the window sill. As soon as they saw me pass, they jumped up and ran over to me.
"Hey," I said.
"So, is it true? Your dating Quicksilver?" Evie asked.
"Yes," I answered.
"We always assumed you were either dating him or Aidan and since... Well, you know. Never mind, I think you two are the cutest couple," Mal said.
"Thanks," I said as I entered my room. They waved goodbye as I closed the door. I felt something move by me and froze for a second before smiling.
"You were telling people about us?"
"Why not?"
"Don't want to make any boys jealous of me." I rolled my eyes and felt his arm around my waist.
"Smile beautiful because today will be our forever," Quicksilver whisper in my ear.

A/N
It's all over! The feels are too real. Thank you so much for sticking by my side throughout this whole book. Let me know if you want another! I love you all so very much! This is Ari signing out for the last time.
Love,
Ari