Chapter 6

(A/N) GRRR! I FEEL SO AWFUL! This chapter is over a week late and I'm not even sure if it's any good (hopefully it is as I've been stressing about it for two weeks.)
But anyway, I'm very sorry and I hope you can all forgive me and enjoy this new chappie!
Oh! And leave some comments! I love reading those!

Dan kept sneaking secret glances at Phil all through breakfast, the next morning.

They had decided that they both wanted to be more than friends, but Phil didn't want to be officially in a relationship yet, so they went with Dan's original suggestion; they were basically dating without any labels.

Phil didn't want to make it public yet and asked Dan not to tell his cabinmates.

In a way, this was good. There was no chance of their relationship being spoiled by other people if no one else knew about it. But it was also kind of frustrating. Dan wanted to be able to hold Phil's hand and kiss him in front of other people, but the most he could risk without raising suspicion was probably just some casual flirting.
Still, he would do his best to make the most out of it.

"Hey Phil," he prompted. "Do anything fun last night?" He winked.

A bright red blush burned on Phil's cheeks, he ducked his head in attempt to hide it along with the shy smile his lips had involuntarily curled into.
"N-no, not really."

"You sure?" Dan asked, winking again.

Phil was struggling to find his words when Chris swiftly cut in.
"Dan, just shut your pretty mouth and eat your granola."

"But how do I eat with my mouth closed?" Dan pouted.

"Eat through your ears or your nose. I don't know. Just stick the granola in a hole somewhere and make it work."

Phil choked on the milk he was drinking.

"You okay?" Dan laughing, patting his back.

"Y-yeah," Phil coughed. "Thanks, Dan. But, Chris, do you understand how wrong that sounded?"

Chris smile triumphantly. "Yup. I just wanted to see your reaction. Your mind's not as innocent as you make it seem, is it, Lester?" he said cheekily.

Phil looked like he was going to try and defend himself, but Randy and Howie came over and interrupted them to tell them today's plan.

"Nothing super exciting, just an average day. Oh! Except there is another campfire tonight! Get ready to roast some marshmallows!" Randy said excitedly.

*•*•*•*•*

After another day of games and lessons, the whole camp crowded around a crackling bonfire and prepared to toast some marshmallows.

Everyone was sitting pretty much shoulder to shoulder, do nobody noticed Dan and Phil"a intertwined hands. And if they did, nobody questioned it.

The firelight flickered off of Phil's face, bringing a warm, orangey, color to his pale skin. Somehow it made him look even more beautiful, something Dan thought was impossible because Phil was already perfect.

Unable to restrain himself, Dan leaned forward and planted a quick kiss on the boy's jawline, making him yelp with surprise.

"You're pretty," Dan whispered in his ear as he pulled away, and he could tell that Phil was blushing.

"Well, you're... you are... um..." Phil fumbled to find the right words. "You're nice." He ended up saying. It wasn't nearly close to what he wanted to tell him, but it was all his brain could think of at the moment, too clouded with the thoughts of Dan's lips on his skin to come up with anything more eloquent.