Chapter 10

(A/N) I love you guys so much, by the way. What the heck did I do to deserve such wonderful people in my life? <3

After thoroughly tormenting Oli about the whole masterbation situation (He didn't admit to anything, but his tomato-red cheeks totally gave it all away), Charlie and Phil decided to hang out some more in Charlie's cabin.

Dan wasn't there, probably hanging out with PJ or something, so they had the place all to themselves.

Phil felt comfortable around Charlie. So much so, in fact, that he let his guard completely down and within minutes he was spilling his heart out to him, telling him everything that happened with Dan, even slipping in some stuff about his life back at home.

It wasn't pretty.

Phil was sobbing by the end of it. So vulnerable and worn out, he felt like an idiot for pouring all o this onto Charlie's plate, but the boy didn't seem to mind.

"Hey, hey, Philly, look at me." He said softly, gently tilting Phil's chin up with his fingertips. "It's going to be okay. Okay? You need to talk to Dan. I will even help you talk to Dan, if you like. But things are going to work out, okay? Trust me. Nothing stays bad forever."

This only made Phil cry more, but this time he latched onto Charlie, flinging his arms around his shoulders and using him for support, a literal shoulder to cry on. "Thank you." He whimpered into his shirt.

"No problem," He replied, and Phil could hear almost the small smile in his voice.

"Do you... Do you maybe want to do something other to listen to me moan about my problems now?" Phil suggested, letting a small half-smile tug at his lips.

"Sure." Charlie nodded.

They spent a while trying to decide on what to do until they eventually settled on heading over to the game room to play a bit of Donkey Kong.

And turns out the only person that sucked at Donkey Kong more than Phil was Charlie. So things were fun.

"God dammit, Philip!" He shrieked, whacking Phil with his controller.

"Aack! What?!"

"You didn't tell me you were so good at Donkey Kong!"

"Because I'm not! You just really bad at it!"

"Heeyy!" Charlie whined, pretending to be offended. "I'm not that bad!"

"You're about fifty times worse than me and that's saying something." Phil pointed out, laughing.

"Oh shut up!"

Phil laughed some more and they kept playing, Charlie dying more times than he could count and using up all of their extra lives.

After almost thirty more minutes, they finally gave up. Charlie tried to say it was just because he was hungry and wanted to go get a snack, but Phil could tell he just wanted to stop having his ass handed to him by a dork in a brightly colored jumper.

"So, the mess hall now?" Phil asked as they closed out of the game and started to leave.

"Yup. My tummy's makin' the rumblies."

"--that only hands could satisfy." Phil jumped in, making Charlie laughed.

"Good one, you clever llama." He applauded sarcastically.

"Why thank you, you... erm... cool... human? I guess?"

Charlie laughed some more and then nodded.
"Yes. I am a human. Or at least that's what the government wants you believe."