Chapter 21

(A/N) I'be planned for this story to go up to 24 chapters (+ epilogue) so we're almost at the finish line, guys! :D some people thought maybe I could end it on chapter 20 but NOPE you guys have suffered through my shitty angst writing now you I reward you with shitty fluff writing! Yaaay! Hopefully this isn't crap! :D

OH AND IF YOU'RE CURRENTLY READING OR WANT TO READ FANGIRL YOU WILL PROBABLY WANT TO SKIP THE ITALICS IN THE SECOND SCENE AS THOSE HAVE SLIGHT SPOILERS

Dan and Phil saw a lot of each other after that. Like, a lot.

At one breakfast, Oli compared them to conjoined twins and Chris and PJ even said (half joking, of course) that they were jealous of how close they were.

Secretly, Dan liked hearing those kinds of things, but, to be honest, he wasn't even sure if he knew where he currently stood with Phil.

It'd been more than fortnight since Phil and Charlie officially broke up and Dan and Phil had spent everyday, without fail, for those following two weeks practically attached at the hip.

At this point, it almost felt as if they were in some kind of relationship, even though Dan knows they're not. Because Phil doesn't want that. And if Phil is fine staying like this, then Dan is fine too. (Well, kind of.)

What? It's not like he can just shut off his feelings.

There's no romantic/platonic switch in his brain that he could flip to make himself forget about wanting to kiss Phil and just think about innocent, friendly handholding instead. If there were... well, actually, even if such thing existed, Dan didn't think he'd even want to use it.

He liked thinking of Phil.

Phil and the way sunlight glinted off his black hair, making him look magical, or the way he always smelled like sweets; vanilla, usually, but sometimes also marshmallows or fruitiness.

He liked seeing something or hearing a joke and immediately thinking "I should show that to Phil!"

He liked cuddling into his pillow at night and imagining that, instead of a stupid sack of fluff and feathers, it were Phil snuggled up in his arms.

He, simply, just liked the idea of him and Phil being together. And he could lie, -- as he had been doing -- for the sake of friendship, and say that he didn't really mind whether him and Phil were dating or just friends as long as they were together, but that would be bullshit.

Dan did care. He cared a lot. Too much.

But that's okay. Because even if he does care a little too much, at least he's too much of a coward to do anything about it, so he doesn't seem like a complete psychopath.

That whole "let's prank Charlie and make him suffer" thing didn't make a good case for his sanity, so now he needed to make sure he had all of his over-sensitive emotions in check, so he wouldn't blow up again and scare Phil away.

Currently, the two were hanging out in the game room playing Guitar Hero. Or, to offer a more accurate description of the scene, Dan was playing Guitar Hero and Phil was reading.

Phil read like how regular people breathe. It's one of the things Dan loves most about him.

Dan loved seeing him in his cute little glasses and he loved watching is his face would break out into a smile when he came across a really good part or how it would screw itself up slightly at an intense part.