Chapter 15

Why didn't Phil want to see him?

I mean, since they split up Dan didn't necessarily expect Phil to request to see him, but to specifically say that he didn't want Dan to visit him in the infirmary?
What was the motivation for that?

Dan had thought the break up had gone over quite smoothly, even though it practically torn him apart on the inside. Neither of them put up a fight; it was mutual.

So why was Phil suddenly so bitter towards him?

Then again... Maybe he wasn't.

How credible was Charlie's word, anyway?
Maybe Phil had been asking for Dan to come in ever since the day he woke up (which Dan found out, second hand, was yesterday) but Charlie had simply lied to keep him away. Dan knew he had a crush on Phil, so there was a pretty solid motive right there.

Dan raked his fingers through his messy hair. He needed to stop overthinking this. Maybe his theory was right, but if it wasn't and Phil truly didn't want Dan to come visit him (for whatever reason) it would just be plain rude and invasive to do so.

He decided, instead, to spend the day with PJ and Chris. They always seemed to be doing something fun, right?

He found them talking in hushed voices near the bathrooms. They seemed to be in the middle of a fairly serious conversation. Maybe now was not the best time to interrupt.

He started to walk away, making an effort to walk as quietly as possible as to not disturb them, but PJ had already seen him and was calling him over.

"Nononono," Dan denied hastily. "I don't want to intrude. I was just bored..."

"Nonsense!" PJ waved him off theatrically "Chris and I were just discussing some... er... personal business." At this, PJ's hand shifted on top on Chris's, causing Dan's eyes to widen.

"Are you guys... you know... together now?" He asked, feeling the corners of his lips upturn in a smile. He never, even for a second, doubted this would happened eventually.

Chris's soft blush and the way he looked down at his feet as PJ looked lovingly at him was enough of an answer for Dan.

"I knew it." Dan whispered, just loud enough for both of them to hear.

"Shut up, mate." Chris murmured. It was clear how hard he was trying to hold back a grin.

"I'm glad you guys are happy together now," Dan smiled genuinely.
"For a while you seemed a bit... off... around each other. What was that about?"

Chris turned his hand palm-up so he could intertwine his fingers with PJ's. He looked ashamed. "I made a stupid mistake."

"Quite stupid." PJ added, but he was obviously teasing, as he then squeezed his hand tight and kissed his forehead.
"Oli -- maybe he didn't know what he was doing, maybe he did--"

Chris scoffed, "He knew exactly--"

PJ pressed a finger to his boyfriend's lips to quiet them. "Shhh--shut up, babe, and let me tell the story."

Chris scowled at him, but there was love in his eyes, and he let him keep talking.

"So, basically, Oli made a move on Chris-- whether it was intentional or not, I don't know, and honestly, I don't really even care anyone, because now it's over and dealt with and Chris is right where he belongs." PJ said almost smugly, moving his hand away from Chris's so he could wrap a protective arm around his shoulders. "With me."

Chris's cheeks filled with color as he spoke up. "Yeah, I kind of thought Oli was hot when he came onto me--"

PJ pursed his lips.