♡ prologue ♡

age: six

"daddy? d-daddy!" the small blonde boy tugged on his father's cloak and he turned to the little one. "can we go outside?" he asked eagerly and his father shook his head. "no luke," he said and little luke frowned. "why can't i go outside?" he asked, his big blue eyes staring into the cold grey ones of his father. again, his father shook his head. 

"but i get bored here. it gets lonely and you're always busy with your work. i wanna make some new friends besides penguin and dara. plus jack and ben do go outside. why can't i?" he saw his father stop whatever he was doing and luke smiled a bit. 

"lucas robert hemmings, i've told you a zillion times that you are not supposed to go outside this castle. we have everything for you here. why do you feel the need to go outside? you are not supposed to step out of this castle." he glared down at the small boy and luke cowered away in fear. he suddenly felt smaller than he already is under his father's harsh gaze. 

"are we clear?" luke did not do anything, just fidgeted with the strings of his hoodie. "are we clear?" his father asked more loudly and luke nodded, not wanting to get into trouble. "good. now luke, make sure that i do not have to repeat this. go to your room this instant." his father's stern voice made luke nod wildly and scurry away, up the long staircase and into his lavish room. 

he went to the window and opened up the curtains, the sunlight immediately falling into his room and illuminating it. luke sat on the window sill, his small face resting on both his palms as he stared outside and wondered when he would get a chance to see the real world. 

luke often sat there, just staring ahead and thinking why his father wouldn't let him go outside. he wanted to feel the air, he wanted to run on green grass, he wanted to do a lot of things.

"if only i could go outside," he sighed dreamily. 

<><><><>

tada! here's a new cake story! calum will be mentioned, but a little later. thankyou for reading this. you can also read my other muke book if you want to. please vote and comment! 

love,
ken