♡ six ♡

i thought it was a good day to bring back that photo ((((-:

<><><><><><>

luke: eighteen
wednesday, 4:50 pm

dara was nervous to go ask permission from jack and ben to let luke go to the fair simply because they intimidated her. her hands were shaking when they reached the doorknob to the royal room, where jack and ben were talking about something. but she knew she had to do it, she didn't want the young blonde lad to feel sad.

dara turned the doorknob and the mahogany door opened smoothly. jack must've heard the noise, because he turned to look at the maid. dara was terrified, but she did not faulter, not even once. "yes mo- miss dara? tell us the reason why you have interrupted us." jack said and ben nodded. dara noticed the slip of his tongue and she frowned but took a step forward, a deep breath escaping her lips as she opened her mouth, "prince luke wants to go to the fair." she said boldly. ben raised one eyebrow.

jack hummed, a look of thought on his face, "luke wants to go the fair eh? if he wants to go to the fair, why can't he come and ask us?" dara didn't know how to answer the questions which were just thrown at her so she put her head down and started playing with her fingers. "ha! luke must be scared. what a goddamn chicken," ben chuckled and jack glared at him, "you are not allowed to curse ben, not in my presence." he said sternly, missing the eye-roll that ben did.

jack was a man of precision, he did not like certain things. and he absolutely hates when someone sends another person to ask what they want. jack was angry at luke because he sent dara to talk to him. one thing about him was that he got angry very quickly, so it took alot to control it. in this case, he had to control it because he couldn't shout at a woman who was elder to him. he did not lack manners.

"you know we cannot disobey our father's orders. its not safe for him. i don't get why he doesn't understand." jack said, shaking his head. "yeah, and plus if we send him out now he'll not be able to confront people! he'll not know what to do if somebody kidnaps him!" ben exclaimed, the other elder brother nodding his head. "perhaps if you would have let him out before, he wouldn't be in this situation." dara said, the sudden confidence surprising her.

jack looked puzzled, because the dara he knew wasn't like this. she didn't answer like this. he knew the relationship she had with luke, the mother-son one, but never did dara take luke's side in front of them or their dad. neither did she oppose luke. she just kept her head down and remained silent. "look, he's not going anywhere tomorrow. i'm not risking anything." jack said sternly. dara opened her mouth to protest but nothing came out. the duo gave her a look and that's when she knew the topic of letting luke go out was done.

she sighed and nodded, turning and leaving before she heard someone cough. she stopped and turned around, "next time, tell luke to come and ask me straightaway rather than sending someone else." jack said and by the tone of his voice, dara knew he was dead serious. she nodded and walked out of the room.

how the hell is she supposed to confront luke and tell him that he's not going to the fair? the poor boy would be heartbroken. dara hated when luke was upset, but she had no choice.

luke was perched up on the balcony, he could almost taste what would it feel like to be free. he was so happy, he was finally going out! the thought of it made his body tingle and goosebumps to appear on his skin. he couldn't wait to see the raven haired boy he met at the ball held four years ago. that was the last ball luke was allowed to. every year he had to sit in his room at the day of the ball, just because his father came to know that he interacted with a human who didn't live inside the castle.

it was shitty, luke cried alot that day. he had pleaded his father a numerous times, but his father did not step off the stubborness. that pissed luke off so much that he didn't come out of his room for five days straight. didn't talk to his father and his brothers for almost two weeks.

he turned when he heard the door open. he saw dara come in and he literally ran to her, took her hands and started spinning her around. dara laughed and luke grinned, stopping after a couple of seconds. "what did they say? i'm going to the fair right?" he asked cheerfully and dara's smile dropped. she looked down, afraid to meet the blonde's blue eyes. luke felt his heart drop at the expression and the happy face turned into a sad one.

he backed away from her, he wasn't going to the fair. tears welled up in his eyes, he didn't want to cry but he was so upset. "no, no! they can't do that! why can't they just send me out? i want to be free! it's like i'm fucking trapped here with nowhere to go, i'm done being within these four fucking walls!" luke yelled, not caring whether he was cursing in front of an elderly woman or the tears that rolled down his cheeks.

he ran his fingers through his hair, tugging at it. it killed dara to have to see him like this so she ran to him and took him in her arms, hugging and rubbing his back. "luke, hey, sshh it's okay honey. you are going to the fair alright? i promise." dara's voice was gentle and it calmed luke. he looked at her with teary eyes, "how?" he whispered and sniffled. dara shook her head, "i don't know sweetpea." she whispered back, staring into those eyes that always managed to melt her.

she was going to let luke out, out to the fair and the world, for him to explore. she just didn't know how. she sighed as she tucked luke in his bed. the lad was eighteen, but now he needed some tucking in and a kiss. so dara leant in and pressed a longing kiss to luke's forehead, a small 'i love you' escaping her lips before she walked out of the room.

dara had decided, she was going to help luke to sneak out of the house. sure, rebelling like this would cost her job but luke's happiness was more important to her. she knew what it was to be denied freedom because she hadn't been outside since jack and ben were born. that's what a mother does, keeps her child happy.

<><><><><>

hello, its me. horrible ik. anyways, i was thinking of playing a 'guess the song lyric' game and whoever gets it the first would get a dedication! so here is the song lyric:

heroes always get remembered
but you know legends never die.

all the love,
ken♡