♡ eight ♡

dedicated to flowercrownsnluke for guessing the song! ly

luke: eighteen
calum: seventeen
thursday, 7:15 pm

he was hugging calum like his fucking life depended on the single hug. he felt the clichè shit, the ones he read in all the romance books he had. the butterflies spreading their wings and fluttering mindlessly in his tummy, sparks and all. his mind was dizzy, as if hugging calum would take all his problems away.

it wasn't appropriate for luke to say that calum felt the same. luke wasn't planning on letting go soon, but he had to because calum pulled away from him. luke's hand was still around calum's waist, but he let go because it was getting awkward for luke. calum on the other hand frowned, because he wanted luke to keep his hands there. he quickly smiled afterwards, not wanting to come off as creepy.

luke hadn't changed alot. ofcourse, his skin was free from all the freckles and acne, his lips were pink and plump, and it seemed that luke's eyes had gotten a deeper shade of blue. the last time calum saw luke, his hair was totally blond, but now it had brunette going on in some places. luke went from zero to twenty-one real quick, from cute to hot.

calum was the same, smooth tanned skin, big chocolate brown eyes, pink lips and black hair with a blonde streak. wait a blonde streak? "you got a blonde streak?" luke asked, his eyes set on the part between calum's eyebrows, right in the middle. luke couldn't look at calum directly because if he looked at him directly he would become a stuttering mess and luke didn't want that. the trick was that for the other person, it seems like you are looking at them, but in reality you're not.

calum nodded, a smile making its way on his lips, "michael made me do it." he said. luke felt a sudden rush of confidence before he spoke up, "it suits you, and you look prettier than the last time i saw you." he was honest, calum did look prettier than the last time luke saw him.

the small boy blushed at luke's words, "you look hot." he blurted out and luke looked at him amusingly, causing the boy to blush more furiously. "i m-mean y-you look g-good too. i-" luke chuckled, shaking his head. calum grinned sheepishly, playing with the bracelet on his wrist.

"so, how have you been?" luke asked and calum relaxed, he didn't want his time with luke to turn awkward. calum did take time to get comfortable with someone, and he was getting near to it, just because luke wasn't a complete stranger. "confident and sassy, just the usual." cal shrugged, a light smile on his lips. luke laughed loudly, and calum swore he felt his heartrate increasing. he giggled along with luke, luke's laugh had surely changed. it wasn't high pitched and squeaky, but more manly sort of.

"how have you been?" he asked, after they were done laughing.

"been better i guess," luke said, glancing at calum.

calum hummed and opened his mouth to say something before he heard his name being called out. he turned on his heels and saw gerard, a senior boy who flirted with calum alot, but calum never did anything with him. he didn't want to hurt michael, who by the way, had the biggest crush on gerard.

not that calum hasn't dated anyone, infact his last breakup was months ago and he felt lonely. gerard was a nice boy, but calum kept him aside for michael to handle. he didn't know when michael was going to make the move but he knew it was soon. luke glared at the boy who was making his way over to them. there goes luke's precious time with calum.

gerard came and hugged calum, a little too tightly which made luke furious. who does this boy think he is? alex gaskarth? no one is allowed to touch calum except him. wait what? luke shook his head at his own thoughts, he's not even known calum enough to call him his. hell, he doesn't even know whether they're friends or not.