How You Meet

Tony: You're at a birthday party for Alexander Pierce's niece Evangeline with your nephew. You are helping Evangeline's mom with the cake inside when you hear shrieks coming from outside.

"I'll check on it," you tell her mom and head outside. You see a figure in a metal suit standing there.

"Iron Man!" your nephew whispers in awe. He clings to your side while you watch over the kids to make sure the guy isn't trying to kidnap any kids. Soon his mask disappears into his helmet and you see that it's actually Tony Stark. You thought he'd hire an actor to his dirty work for him, but apparently not. He signs autographs and takes pictures but he keeps looking over in your direction. Finally he comes over to where you're standing and stands next to you, getting himself a drink.

"The rugrats love me," Tony informs you.

"Hi to you too," you joke.

"Sorry, Tony Stark," he says.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)," you tell him, "and this is (His/Name)."

Tony kneels so that he's at your nephew's level. "Is this your mom?" Tony asks. You blush and look at Evangeline's mom, who's watching you with an amused expression.

"No, this is my aunt," your nephew explains.

"Do you think your aunt would go out with me?" Tony asks with a dead serious expression on his face. Instead of answering Tony, he turns to you and gapes.

"Aunt (Y/N)! Iron Man just asked you out," he says in even more awe. Tony stands up.

"So what'll it be? Should I pick you up at seven?" he asks and you nod, speechless. You give him your address before he flies off.

Bucky: "I'm going home, Carla," you call to your fellow journalist as you gather up your things.

"Okay, have a good night," Carla says. You sling your bag over your shoulder and walk out the door. You decide to pick up some take-out as a very late dinner and you get lost in thought about whether you should get Thai or Mexican as you cross the street. You hear a cry of warning to late and feel the bumper of the car collide with your body. You fall to the ground, unconscious.

When you come to, you're under a pile of metal. You realize with sudden panic that you can't feel your back. "Help!" you call weakly.

"She's alive!" someone says. You hear a car fling to the side and your eyes widen in fear. Soon a metal hand snakes under the car as well as a normal human flesh-covered hand. "Steve, help me. I don't want to hurt her."

Two more hands went under the car and it was gently lifted off you. A man with long dark hair and dark eyes kneels next to you.

"I'm Bucky," he says. "What's wrong?"

"I can't feel my back," you whisper.

Bucky swears under his breath. "Pietro!" In a flash, a silver haired young man is at your side. "We need you to take her to the hospital. The ambulance isn't here yet and she may have broken her back."

The words being spoken into the dark night fill you with panic but Bucky calms you. "Shh, don't say anything. My friend here is gifted with super speed. He's going to take you to the hospital, okay?"

"Mhm," you mumble.

Bucky and Pietro pick you up and settle you in Pietro's arms.

"It's lucky that Sam couldn't come out with us," you hear Bucky whisper to his other friend, who you're assuming is Steve. Almost in an instant you're at the hospital and Pietro admits you.