Accident Part 2 - Recovery {Pietro Steve & Sam}

A/N: for Skye you do call her by her real name but spoilers for Agents of SHIELD so it's just Skye in the preferences

Pietro (his POV): "Ready?" Wanda asks.

"As I'll ever be," I mutter. It's been 3 months since (Y/N) died and now Wanda, Skye and I are going to clean out her apartment.

The first day after I left Wanda here the day she died, Wanda cleaned out the fridge so that it wouldn't smell. The first thing I notice is the musty smell, like a place that hasn't been lived in.

I see the book lying open on the coffee table and it breaks my heart to know that (Y/N) will never finish it. I turn to the others.

"So how are we doing this?" I ask.

"Clothes and other items can go to thrift stores and we can split pictures between us," Skye says.

We nod and go to our separate stations, me starting in her room. I pause before opening the door and I'm hit with her familiar scent. It's as if she was just here, but I know that's not the case.

Tears come to my eyes as I sit on the bed, box in front of me and take out of her drawer the photo album she had. Skye and Wanda always teased her for being old fashioned, but now I'm thankful. I open it to see pictures of her as a young girl and end it with a picture of the two of us. I pause at the picture for a few minutes before closing the album. I out it on her bed for us to sort through later.

I open her closet and take out her clothes. Every movement is filled with a memory. The dress she wore on our one year anniversary, the shirt she wore on our first date. When we played hide-and-seek and she hid in the closet. I sigh and put the clothes in the box.

I go to the top shelf and find more photos and memorabilia. I find the teddy bear I won her at the fair and the gloves she always wore on a mission.

When she's done with the bathroom, Wanda comes in to help me and while it takes us all day, we finally finish at eleven-thirty and we order a pizza, prop up a picture of (Y/N) and talk about memories we have of her and things she used to love and hate. Tears are shed and hugs are exchanged and when we're done, Skye sighs and in a shaky voice says,

"I'll call the landlord in the morning."

And with that we close the door one final time.

Steve: You wrap your arm around Steve's neck as he picked you up. He places you gently on the bed and starts to work on the exercises Bruce had gotten for you.

You never know what to do with yourself during this time. In no way can you help and when ever you try, Steve just tells you to stop. You feel so helpless watching as Steve bends your legs and tries to fight their twitching.

You have no idea how Jane is going to handle it when Steve leaves for a mission.

Steve takes you and turns you so he can do the right side.

"Steve, I'm sorry," you say.

"(Y/N), it's okay. Why do you think I'm here?" he asks. You sigh and let him stretch you. You push yourself into a sitting position and he helps you change into pajama pants.

He changes and when he looks at you again he finds you sitting in your bra crying.

"Darling," Steve says gently. He pulls your shirt over your head and you take off your bra under the shirt and throw it on the ground. Steve pulls you onto his lap and you wrap your arms around him. He places a hand between your shoulder blades so you can feel it.

He lies down, pulling you with him and you sniffle, crying into his chest as he rubs your back as you start to fall asleep.

Sam: "Sam?" you ask and you feel a hand in yours. You were at the Avengers Tower for the first time since the accident.

"Right here," you hear his familiar voice.

"Can we go now?" you question.

"Sure."

You say goodbye to the Avengers and Sam leads you outside. You hear the car door open and feel him lift you up as he puts you into the passenger seat.

You feel him lean in to put your seatbelt on and you kiss his cheek.

"What was that for?" Sam wants to know but you can hear the smile in his voice. You hear the click of the seatbelt and you feel him straighten up.

"For not giving up on me," you tell him and he presses his lips to yours.

"No problem, baby," he whispers and closes your door.