Accident Part 1 - Car Accident {Steve Fitz & Sam}

A/N: These are going to be long probably, so I'm going to split them up into 3 parts. Also, it's you in the car accident because I know how they would react or can make up how they would react, but with you I don't know you. Read the A/N at the end for a really disturbing Loki Norse myth fact.

This was suggested by RememberGwenStacy

(Y/N/N) = your nickname

Steve: "Can I see her now?" Steve asks when Bruce comes in.

"Steve, I don't know how to tell you this gently," Bruce says, looking at the others, "but it looks at though (Y/N) is paralyzed from the mid-back down. I'll keep an eye on her, things may start to improve, but if she doesn't improve in a week then..."

Shock hit Steve as Jane started sobbing and he looked at her before turning his attention back to Bruce. "I need to see her right now," he tells Bruce. He nods and motions for Steve follow him.

He walks into your room at the Avengers Towers where you're lying on the bed. You're on your back and you've got no pillow.

"Hey darling," Steve says quietly and your eyes flutter open. You don't turn your head but your eyes move to the side and you whisper a hello. Steve feels tears prick his eyes and he blinks them away. He pulls up one of the chairs in your room to the far side of your bed.

"Steve, what's... going... on?" you ask in a whisper. "Bruce... isn't... telling... me... anything."

"I know, (Y/N/N)," Steve says. "Just try to relax, okay? Take it easy. He doesn't anything for sure yet."

Steve's trying to protect you and the fact that you can't feel your legs, you know what he's hiding. You play along, though, not wanting to face the truth. Jane comes in and sits on your other side. She takes your hand and starts crying again.

"(Y/N), I am so sorry," she says.

"It... wasn't... your... fault," you mumble.

"I was driving!" Jane exclaims and you just squeeze her hand lightly.

"It's... okay... could've... happened... to... anyone..." you tell her. "I'm... just... glad... you're... okay."

Steve sits with you until you fall asleep.

***Time skip brought to you by Mark Ruffalo doing Thriller***

A week later, Steve hasn't left your side. He'll leave just so that he can change and shower, and when he does that he makes sure that Jane or Sam is with you before he leaves. He reads to you and will just talk with you or to you.

Finally Bruce comes to tell you the sad truth, that you are, in fact, paralyzed. Even with having a week to digest this new reality, the confirmation hits you hard and you start to cry. Steve comforts you as best he can and Bruce explains to him and Jane that there are exercises you can do and that he'll look them up for them so they can help you with them.

"And Bruce?" Steve says as he's walking out of the room. Bruce turns to you. "Thanks."

"No problem, Cap."

Steve sits back down at your side and doesn't move until that night when he finally gets up only to use the washroom.

Fitz: Blinking, Fitz awoke to a siren and the bright red, white and blue lights of the a police car.

"He's awake!" someone calls and he squeezes his eyes shut to relieve his headache. "Sir, can you tell me your name?"

"Leopold Fitz," he mumbles.

"And the woman that was with you, what's her name?"

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)," Fitz tells him.

"Okay, that's good. We're going to take you two to the hospital now, okay?"

Fitz doesn't respond since he had blacked out again.

When he came to the next time, he was lying in a dimly lit hospital room. He noticed that there was another bed and a curtain drawn between him and the person.

You were on the other side of the curtain. You had been awake for about ten minutes before he woke up. You saw his leg shift and you went to pull back the curtain but you couldn't quite reach it. You lay back on your bed and sighed.

"(Y/N)?" you heard Fitz's familiar Scottish accent and a smile spread over your face.

"Leo!" you say. Fitz was concerned for the both of you. You were slurring your words and his ears were ringing. He wasn't a doctor, but he was pretty sure those were signs of concussions.

"Oh, good, you're both awake," a nurse says from the door. She comes in and draws the curtain aside. You both look at each other and gasp. It's like you're mirroring each other. You both have black eyes, yours on the left and his on the right. And you both have a broken limb, yours on the right and his on the left, except that you broke your ankle and he broke his wrist.

The nurse laughed. "Oh my, I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before."

She leaves the room and comes back with the doctor and the two of them push your beds together so that you can be together while you mend.

Sam: Glass flew everywhere, embedding itself wherever it could, including your eyes. You screamed in pain and a few pieces of glass flew into your mouth.

You woke up screaming. You panicked when you realized that you couldn't see.

"Help!" you yelled. You felt a hand over yours.

"Shh, (Y/N), I'm right here, sunshine."

"Sam!" you say relieved. You groped for his hand he caught it in both of his. "I'm scared, Sammy. Where am I?"

"The hospital. You were in an accident," he tells you.

So it wasn't a dream...

"Did I swallow glass?" you ask him.

Sam thought it was weird that you were asking about that and not you're sight, but then remembered your screaming.

"You did, but only a small amount. Doctor Sommers says that it'll pass right through," Sam tells you. What he doesn't tell is the negative affect. It only affects 1% of people who swallow glass, so you'll probably be fine. Besides, no need to worry you any more.

With your free hand, you feel your face and find a bandage. "Can I take this off?" you ask.

"No, baby, you can't." Sam takes your hand and holds it across your lap.

"Sam?" Your voice is shaky.

"Yeah?" he runs his thumb over your knuckles.

"If I did take it off, would I be able to see?" you ask. He takes a moment to respond and when he does, the response shatters your heart.

"No."

Tears form in your eyes and you gasp at the pain. You take deep breaths to calm yourself down and Sam laces his fingers through yours.

"I'll never see you again?" you ask. "Or if we have kids, I'll never see what they look like?"

The pain in your voice breaks Sam's heart and he lets go of your hand and places it on your thigh.

"I'm afraid not, (Y/N/N)," he says. You wish you could cry, but don't really want to feel pain again. Instead you just grip Sam's hand, trying to picture the rest of your life in total darkness.

A/N: Ready for a really disturbing Loki fact? Here goes: In one of the Norse myths, this chick blamed Odin for killing her husband or something and so a bunch of the gods were trying to make her happy again so Loki tied his balls to a goat. Yeah, I'm glad they're not going off the myths...