Chapter Thirty Seven - Getting To Know You

EXAMS ARE OVER! I know it's been a long time. But I think I had a pretty good excuse. And the reason, even after the exams were over, that I didn't write was because my brain was mush. I literally couldn't sit down and put two intelligent sentences together therefore I decided not to write for a while.  But now I'm back and I'm determind to get this story finished. The reason for being is that I'm hoping to have another story up here that I've been working on for a while so that should be fun. :)

I was going to post Ed Sheerans song Kiss Me for this chapter but I was listening to the song at the side throughout writing this chapter and I felt that it suited the story just as good. 

Anyway, this chapter isn't much but let's just say that it's the calm before the storm. More is coming soon. Enjoy.

Chapter 37 - Getting To Know You

Over the next month I didn't worry about my Narcolepsy every second of the day like I used to. The reason may be because I had great friends who were there for me on the days my condition did catch up with me. Or it could be because thankfully, no one had trapped me in a dark corner any time lately. I couldn't deny it. I still felt my palms begin to sweat and my body wanting to bolt whenever I saw Hank in the hallways with his malicious eyes forever watching me. To my luck, he usually avoided me like the plague with his busted lip and a bruised cheek bone adorning his features. The reason for this cowardly behaviour may have been because of the fact that he had failed whatever he was trying to do to me that night and he was embarrassed. Or the most likely reason for that was the fact that the hot piece of eye candy by my side wouldn't let Hank get even a tiny bit close to me before throwing him a deadly look and clenching his fist together threateningly.

Scott acted like the protective boyfriend perfectly. He had apologised profusely for not being there in time to get Hank away from me and for being the one who put me in that position in the first place. His exact words to me empathised that he shouldn't of been such a douche in the first place by attempting to hook up with Gina. Of course I agreed that he was a douche and had my fun in making him feel bad but the novelty soon wore off and I forgave him. I didn't see the need in continuing to make us both suffer any more than we already have

One day, we had been lounging on his bed, feet on the pillows and heads placed at the foot of his bed, exchanging our likes and dislikes and getting to know each other better. His mother had just come in to ask if I was staying for dinner and before I could answer, he agreed that I was, making me roll my eyes. Ever since the whole disaster with Hank, Scott was still protective of me which I surprisingly found cute. The place he liked me best was right by his side.

I rolled onto my stomach, regarding him with thoughtful eyes.

"Favourite movie?" I asked, watching as his eyes grew thoughtful and he looked to the ceiling with his hands tucked neatly behind his neck, giving me a great look at his sleek toned arms under his grey knitted shirt. After a seconds thought he gave me an answer. 

"Fight club." He answered. I rolled my eyes and a laugh escaped my mouth.

"Typical. That is such a guy answer." I shook my head, chuckling. He looked at me with mock outrage.

"Well, it may be interesting to find out but I am a guy." He raised an eyebrow and gave me a small quirk of his curved lips. I placed my chin on my fist and regarded him with playful eyes.

"I know." I sighed over dramatically raising my eyes to the ceiling. The quirk of the lips turned into his full 100 kilowatt smile that nearly knocked me breathless. He raised himself up, turning me onto my back and was soon hovering over me. His chestnut coloured hair fell over his eyes as his green orbs stared down at me with an intense gaze.