Chapter Twelve - The Tables Have Turned.

• Dedicated to To anyone who is reading this!

 In my first class I had the pleasure of having my brother and his new baby mama Tessa. They cooed constantly about their baby throughout the whole lesson. Again I was actually tempted to exterminate another plastic baby by throwing it on the Bunsen burner and laughing evilly as it burned. They acted as if the thing was actually real and that they were the perfect parents.

Scott and I didn’t act like that. I didn’t like my assignment baby at all. It kept me awake all night with inserting stupid keys into its stupid back and it didn’t even thank me by letting me sleep for more than two hours. Stupid ungrateful plastic baby. Wait did I just say ungrateful?

This baby is driving me crazy.

The rest of the day passed slowly. I didn’t see Scott anywhere so I had no idea how he was coping with being a new dad. The thought of Scott being a dad sent a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. I had to admit it, would be cute to see his bouncing a cute real baby on his lap, cooing in his face. And to think of what that baby would like. If it had its dad’s lovely green eyes, masculine face, full lips, he would be a sure lady killer. How lucky the mother would be.

Again…why am I thinking about this?

I shook my head as if that would get the silly thoughts out of my head once and for all. I waited by the car Chase and I shared now, casually watching the students file into their cars. Just as I saw my brother step onto the steps, thankfully without the baby and Tessa- don’t get me wrong, Tessa is one of my best friends here but when she had that baby with her I couldn’t quite stomach her- a face appeared in my vision.

Tori stood before me, tanned arms crossed against her chest as she glared at me. I watched her curiously and waited for to speak. When it looked like the conversation wasn’t going to happen I decided to start conversation myself.

“Um hello?” I began, waving my hand in front of her face but she continued to glare. Finally after several minutes of complete and utter awkward silence, she opened her mouth to speak.

“I know your game plan.” She spoke with such assurance and an evil gleam in her that for a split second I had thought she had, like me, gone mad.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, utterly confused. She flicked her long blonde hair over her shoulder and raised an eyebrow.

“You know what I’m talking about. You. Playing hard to get. Flaunting yourself at Scott then afterwards pulling away, just so he will stay interested. You think you’re one of those girls in all the those movies and books who pretend they aren’t interested in the guy but can’t stop thinking about them and soon the guy becomes too curious about her that he ditches his hot cheerleader girlfriend for her even though they will never work in the real world.” She finished with a smug look, like she had to found out the secret to life.

I stared blankly at her. My mind replayed her words. Playing hard to get? Flaunting? Ditching girlfriends?

Was this girl on drugs?

But then doubt started to trickle into my mind. Was I playing a game? I’m pretty sure I haven’t been flaunting myself at Scott, quite the opposite actually. I never really saw myself as a game player. I liked things to be plain and simple. Although I couldn’t deny that I did feel a little attracted to Scott, I would never play games to get him. He would have to come to me.