Chapter Thirty - The Performance

Sorry for the long wait everyone but this chapter is pretty important and it needed to be just write. I'm still not sure what I make of it but hopefully you all will be pleased. And shocked at the end. Hehe.

Happy birthday to Made4Paper who's birthday it was yesterday. She asked for this chapter as a present. Sorry it's a little late. And also happy belated birthday to Sam_MusicLover who's birthday it was weeks ago and I didn't have the chapter done to dedicate it to her. So for being so patient I am dedicating this chapter to her. 

At the side is what I think Abby looks like. ------> 

Anyway enjoy

Chapter 30 - The Performance

The Laura Ann Ballet School for girls was a respectable tall building with long panelled windows that reflected the cool light of the moon as it shone in the sky. The hedgerows leading to the door were trimmed and clean, along with everything else. Even the parking lot looked perfect with the cars parked orderly in line, all expensive looking and told me exactly that this wasn’t the kind of school any five year old could get into.

Scott swerved into the last empty space with a smooth turn of the wheel. Once parked, he switched off the engine, threw me a grin and gracefully stepped out of the car. Once he shut the door I took a deep breath. His driving had me clutching the bottom of my chair in terror as he soared happily down the roads of California, happily talking to me while I squeaked short answers in reply. The drive should have taken around thirty minutes, but with Scott’s driving, it had taken ten.

I reached out my hand, about to take hold of the handle but the door opened for me. There stood Scott, reaching out a hand to me with a smile on his face which I immediately took. My legs were a little wobbling when I stood to my feet due to the fact that I had been tensing them the whole journey.

He caught me when I lost my balance, grasping my elbow and bending to look at me in the face.

“Whoa hold on there. Are you okay?” He asked, sounding concerned. I looked up at his face then and the wind blew a strand of hair into his eyes which he didn’t seem to notice.

I nodded my head.

“I’m fine. But you need to learn how to drive properly.” I scolded, giving him a stern look. He looked at me with wide innocent eyes, while we walked up the stone steps of the entrance, our hands still entwined. Two pillars were situated at each side with a graceful ballet dancer, toes turned downwards and arms stretched above her head, engraved in each stone.

“What’s wrong with my driving?” Scott sounded like he couldn’t believe what I was saying.

“You drive like a maniac! I seriously thought I was going to die.” I told him, turning to see his reaction. He looked thoughtful when he turned to me.

“Really? Huh. I never noticed.” He shrugged it off before pulling open the wide oak doors. In the inside of the building was as clean cut as the outside, if not more. The room was bigger than I had expected. The walls were rich brown colour with a soft wooden floor. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, causing a glow of lights to flicker across the room. Adorning most of the walls were pictures of smiling children and teenagers, all girls with their hair pulled back in a tight bun. Names of the girls were written on golden plaques underneath each one.

The room itself was packed with people; most of them looked to be the parents of the kids. They were all dressed in sophisticated clothing. The woman in dresses like mine only longer and less colourful while the men wore smart suits. But I had to admit, the man that held my hand at the moment wore a suit better than any of them.