Chapter Seventeen - When Siblings Fight

First of all...I am so sorry for the wait.

My laptop wouldn't pick up the internet and I had no way of uploading. The only thing I could do was go online on my phone and see all your comments telling me to  upload. :/

But anyways...I'm back with my laptop and I am ready to write.

We are getting to the dramatic stuff now and I'm pretty excited. :) The dedication goes to someone who has helped me loads with the story and has made it more real life like so I really want to thank her for everything.

And also thank you to everyone who keeps commenting and voting. You guys are truly amazing and I don't know what I'd do without you.

Enjoy

Chapter Seventeen - Even Siblings Fight

Dinner that night was quite uneventful.

Gran wasn’t in a good mood. Something had happened with her magazine, a photo shoot gone wrong when one of the models had gotten drunk the night before and turned up still totally wasted. Chase was also unusually quiet. He pushed his food around his plate with his fork in a daze. I watched them both with curiosity. Usually gran would be her obnoxious self and Chase would be making loud jokes or scoffing down his dinner as if it would disappear any second.

Me on the other hand, I tried to be the sociable one.

“Mum and dad called earlier.” I comment, placing a forkful of rice in my mouth. Gran only grunted while Chase nodded his head. I wondered what had gotten Chase down since it was almost impossible to do so. And with Gran, who knows?

I sighed in defeat and decided to stay quiet and eat my dinner. But it turned out my body had other plans.

Next thing I realise I am face down in my dinner and snorting rice out of my nose. I regain conscious only to hear loud laughter. I raise my head to see Chase clutching his stomach, laughing loudly and even snorting, while Gran was also trying to contain her laughter.

All I can think is I can’t believe I just had a sleep attack in my dinner.

“That has to be…the funniest…thing I’ve ever saw!” Chase manages to choke out. I wiped away some of the chicken korma that now covered on my face and try unsuccessfully to get some of it out of the strands of my hair. I desperately need a shower.

“Do not say another word.” I hiss at both of them. This made both of them crack up completely. Gran was now snorting uncontrollably. As I passed them on my way to the door Gran laid a hand on my arm to stop me.

“I’m sorry honey but you’ve got something on your face.” She giggles which sends Chase into another fit of laughter. I roll my eyes and continue out of the room but not before giving them a piece of my mind.

“Well aren’t you both just freakin’ hilarious.” I mutter while slamming the door behind me. But the sound of their loud guffawing still followed me down the hall