Chapter Seven - The Seafood Disaster

Two uploads within the space of two days? Aren't you guys lucky? 

Enjoy reading...

Chapter 7 - The Seafood Disaster

 "I wonder why Tori hates her so much."

 "Her brother is really hot. Did you see the way he stood up for her? So manly."

 "I can't believe Scott said she had a fine ass. My ass is so much better don't you think?"

The hushed tones of the voices did nothing to stop me from hearing them. I continued to pass through the hallway, trying desperately to ignore what they were saying. To think that everything that happened to me today had only occurred in a few hours was startling. It felt like I had spent a year in this place already. 

I gazed at the lockers lining each wall, the numbers on them pale and difficult to read. My eyes strained to see each one, searching for the one that said 249, my locker.

 113

 114

 115

This might take a while.

 "What number is your locker?" Scott's voice travelled down the hallway, pulling me from my thoughts with a gasp. He stopped his progress towards me, watching with a raised eyebrow, his hands casually in his jacket pocket. 

 "Why are you always popping up out of no where?" I snapped, manoeuvring myself around the few students loitering in the hall.

"Magic." He grinned, coming to my side and pulling the sheet out of my hand that held the information I needed for the school, including my locker number. "The two hundreds are in the next hallway. Come on." 

 I narrowed my eyes at him, feeling unsure of why he was so helpful towards me. Did I just look incapable of doing things myself? After a moment I began to follow him as we turned a corner into another hallway, our heads turned to each side, looking through the numbers. 

 "Why are you being so nice?" I asked, the question seeming to burst out of my mouth without permission from my brain. The words sounded wary and almost accusatory. I waited for him to throw his kindness back in my face and tell me to find my own locker, which might have been what I deserved. 

He threw me a sideways glance.

"Can't someone be nice to you without there being an agenda?" He said, stopping in front of a locker I assumed was mine. 

I picked the elastic of my bracelet and let the cord snap back into place, feeling suddenly silly and childish. 

"You're right. I'm sorry. Thank you for helping me." 

I opened my locker and began placing books into the shelf. I thought the conversation was finished but he spoke once more. 

"It's probably those big blue eyes. They just look so helpless." I closed the locker door, narrowing my eyes at his grinning face as the chaos in my stomach as grew to new heights. I looked away from his eyes, finding myself unsure of how to respond. The fact was that I did not have experience with talking to boys this way. I knew he was a flirt but I was completely unable to play the game I knew he was urging me to play. 

It was frustrating.

 "I do not look helpless." I grumbled, noting that the reply was weak. He let out an exhale of laughter and wordlessly took my bag from my hands, allowing me to close my locker and replace the key into my pocket. "Thank you."