Chapter Six - The Wicked Witch Of Tori-Ville.

Hello everybody.

As always, enjoy!

Chapter 6 - The Wicked Witch Of Tori-Ville.

"You'll sit with us at lunch, won't you?" Chloe asked, her tone suggesting I had no choice in the matter.

I agreed before exiting the changing rooms and into the now crowded hallway. Students joined together in a mass exodus of the classrooms, creating a beast of noise and movement. I attached myself to the beast, followed closely with Tessa and Chloe who were chatting animatedly. While their voice created a background noise, I searched the hallway for my brother, craving the company of something familiar. The sleep attack had shaken me. I no longer felt in control of myself over of my condition and this lack of confidence was terrifying. 

But of course I could not find him in the sea of faces. 

"Where is that hot ass brother of yours?" Chloe asked, startling me out of my thoughts. Did I say his name out loud?

"Chloe!" Tessa chastised. 

"What? We all know he is fine. What's the point in hiding it? I know it and so does she." The brunette protested. 

If I hadn't been used to it, I would have felt grossed out. In this case, I only laughed. 

"I really don't mind if you talk about it but just don't let him hear you okay? His ego is big enough already." I rolled my eyes as they both joined in on the amusement. 

"I have biology now. I'll see you both later." Tessa said her goodbyes before striding off in the opposite direction to where Chloe and I were walking at a leisurely pace. I dug into my pocket and took out my timetable. My next class was math and I almost groaned. While my parents had made sure that both Chase and I excelled in Maths and English, numbers never agreed with me and I found that I had to work harder for pass marks in comparison with my brother.

I asked Chloe to show me to the classroom, already fearing another disaster like earlier. She led me right to the door before wishing me luck and leaving for her own class.

A part of me hoped that Chase would be in this class. I felt somewhat vulnerable without him. He was always there. 

Always. 

I always knew one day he is going to have to distance himself from me and enjoy his own life with his own friends and concerns. A life where he wasn't always wondering where I was or how I was doing all the time. I dreaded that moment. If my brother wasn't there for me then who would be?

"Are you going to stand outside the door all day or are you planning to go inside?"

I turned to see Scott behind me, one arm leaning against the door frame, the toned arms constricting. I swallowed down the nervousness I felt from his proximity and quickly opened the door without replying, half tempted to close it in his face. I decided against it though. Better to not make a scene.

The room was bathed in sunlight, the open windows allowing the noise of a lawnmower outside filter through in a hum of undercurrent. The pale green walls were plaster with educational posters and unimpressive maths puns. I read them quickly made my way to the empty seat in the middle of the room. Students who had already taken their seats looked to me with curious stares, not even bothering to look away when I caught their eyes. 

From my seat I saw Scott enter the room and walk past me to take a seat near the back. I could hear the low tone of his voice as he talked to a feminine voice behind me.