Just Keep Running *Pokemon Black* [Chapter 4]

Chapter 4-

"What do you want?" I said trying to hide my fear. Pokemon Snatchers do terrible things to people. They don't battle, they destroy.

"That Zorua." He said coldly. I took a few steps back and Zorua hid her face in my shoulder. Pokemon Snatchers have only two goals, to get the rarest pokemon they can and then sell to the higest bidder.

"Well, you can't have her." I tried to sound brave, but I was failing miserably.

"Is that so?" He took a pokeball from his belt and threw it up. Out came a Krookodile. It was the highest evolved form of Sandile. This one looked to be on level 40. There was no way that I could ever beat this big bad pokemon by myself without a miracle. "Give the Zorua to me now, or this big guy will get a piece of you."

"Over my dead body." I growled.

"That can be arranged." He showed an evil smile. "Krookodile, you know what to do." I gasped and Krookodile lunged at me. I dodged it just in time and it landed on its face. I held Zorua to me, in an effort to block any attacks from hitting her. "Crunch!" He ordered. His evil pokemon tried to use crunch on my arm but I ran just in time.

"Assurance!" He got me that time. I could feel his dark slap across my stomach, just under where I held Zorua. I fell to the floor and looked up with hatred at the evil pokemon standing over me, waiting for its next orders.

"Please," I murmured. If he hit me with that attack again, I dont know think there would be a Daisy-Rose anymore.

"Zorua! Faint attack and then foul play!" A voice said from the woods. Zorua jumped out of my arms and then began attacking the huge Krookodile. It was a lot more powerful than I thought it was. I was still on the ground, not only because my stomach was numb but also because I was scared out of my mind. If I stood up there was a high chance that I would've gotten hit by something.

"We gotta get out of here! Return Krookodile!" The Pokemon Snatcher yelled. I heard him running away and I stood up. I looked over to see Zorua at N's feet. I ran to him and hugged him tightly. I sobbed into his shirt. He seemed surprised and confused, but he just put his arms around me.

"Thank you, I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

"What are you sorry for?" He asked kindly.

"That guy, he almost took Zorua, and I couldn't defend her." Tears fell from my eyes and I couldn't control them.

He put his hands on my shoulder and pulled me away to look at me properly. He took one hand and pulled up my chin. I looked into his green eyes. "You're hurt Meadow. I have to bring you to the nearest hospital." He looked down slightly and I looked at my stomach. Blood was seeping through my shirt.

"Huh?" I began to feel lightheaded. He picked me up and held me in his arms. "You don't have to do this." My voice was dull.

"Yes I do." His voice was as soft as fleece. "Lead the way Zorua." I closed my eyes and put my head up against his chest. I felt his running at some points, and then walking, and then running again. Zorua was running in front of him a few steps, but I heard her stopping every few minutes and then N would catch up again. N's breathing was soft and steady. He didn't even seem to be struggling with running with me in his arms.

It took awhile but we made it to the hospital. I opened my eyes a little. A nurse came over with a gurney and N gently put me on it. "Will she be okay?" He looked down at me and smiled.

"She'll be fine sweetie. Do you want to stay? Are you her boyfriend?" The nurse asked. I tried not to laugh as N blushed. It looked like N didn't see that I was awake. His expression wasn't anything that he ever showed me when I wasn't hurt. He's probably just worried about me.

"N-no. I'll come back in the morning." N studdered nervously. I bit my tongue to keep from laughing. He then ran out of the hospital with Zorua following closely behind.

"Strange child, now let's see what happened to you dear." The nurse brought me into a room and put me down on a warm bed. She checked my injury and then hooked me up to some machines. I felt her stitching me up.  She put creams and stuck needles into my stomach. She gave me some medicine to drink too. I was barely conscious for any of this, but I wanted to be. I wanted to know what they were doing to me.

"Now," she said once she finished. "Get some rest, we can probably let you out in a week. You need a lot of medicine and care for what happened to you. I don't want you to tell me now dear, but think about what happened to you. I wish I got some answers out of that green haired friend of yours. Your name would've at least been enough for me. Whatever, I'll find out in the morning. Some nurses may call you Jane, as in Jane Doe." I heard her talking a little bit more, but I couldn't listen because I fell asleep.