Just Keep Running *Pokemon Black* [Chapter 8]

Chapter 8-

"I'm going to go to the market, do you want anything?" N asked, standing at the door with his hands in his jean pockets. 

"The market?" I put my book down beside me on the bed. "Can I come?" 

"I guess, if you want to." He said, and shrugged his shoulders. 

I smiled, "Cool." I put on my shoes and grabbed my bag. It's been awhile since I got out of the house. 

"You'll have to carry a little though." He grinned. We went out the house together. The market was a little down the road, about two miles away. 

We arrived, and I looked around in amazement. There were booths set up everywhere. They were selling homemade Pokemon equipment and food, and farm-grown human foods. I looked to N. "I'm going to look around." 

"Take Zorua with you," he looked down at her as she walked around his legs, I hadn't even noticed her but N seemed like he had. 

I nodded, "Come on honey." She looked up to me and followed me as I began to walk away. She followed me as I went to the first booth I saw, which was one selling jelly. It was being run by an old  woman.  I looked more closely at her. 

"Mrs. Renolds?" My jaw dropped, it was her! 

"My dear!" She got up and hugged me. "Where have you been?" She asked. 

"Just staying with a friend, I'm so sorry I left you at the daycare." 

She shook her head. "It's all right. Mr. Renolds and I don't have the daycare anymore. A young man offered to buy it from us for a substantial amount of money. We needed to settle down anyway. I'm here running this booth with my daughter and her husband. They, uh, I don't remember where they went." Mrs. Renolds showed a kind smile. 

"That's incredible. Are you still living in the town?" 

"Erm, I think so. You won't believe who bought the daycare!" 

"Who was it?" I tried to think of some of the richer customers we had, but there were so few rich people in this area. 

"That weird boy with the green hair! Do you remember? He had that Zorua." She didn't seem to remember that I was in the hospital because of the same Zorua, and she didn't seem to notice that Zorua was right at my feet. 

She couldn't be talking about N, he has no reason to buy the daycare. "Mrs. Renolds, do you remember what happened to me?" 

"Well, you left." She said bluntly.

A young girl came over, she was in her mid-twenties. She had sandy blonde hair and blue eyes, she looked so much like Mrs. Renolds. "Mom, are you okay?" She asked her. Mrs. Renolds nodded. "Who is this?" 

"Kasey...how do you not know this?" She said, drifting off. The girl looked to me, I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Okay Mom, I'm going to talk to, Kasey, for a little. Brandon is coming," she pointed to a young man walking over with a basket in his arms. "Do you see him?"

"Yes, don't treat me like I'm an idiot Jennifer!" She nodded and then pulled me away from her. 

"I'm so sorry, I'm Jennifer Butler." I shook her hand. "Are you Daisy-Rose, from the daycare?" She asked. 

"Yes, is there something wrong with your mother?" 

"She has Alzheimer's. We had to sell the daycare to pay for her medical bills." 

"Who's Kasey?" I asked. 

"My sister, she passed away about two years ago. It was some horrible accident, she was an archaeologist, and a ton of geodude went rogue and the entire cave collapsed. We knew that she had the disease when she thought a customer was Kasey and she was crying on her and stuff." Jennifer said, shaking her head. 

"I'm so sorry." I said slowly. 

"The doctor said that it's going to be very hard for her to get better. I would really appreciate it if you would maybe see her a few times a week. I think it helps if she's a different familiar face. She really liked you too, I think you calm her." 

"Um, well, I could try. To be honest, I don't know much about alzehemiers." Everyone in my family was fairly healthy. 

"That's okay, she lives with my husband and me, along with Dad." 

"How is he?"

"We think he's developing it too. So, here's the address and my phone number." She said and quickly wrote it down on a pad from her bag. "Please, come and visit if you can." She showed a small smile. 

"Yeah, I'll try." So many things were running through my mind, I didn't even know what to say other than that I'll try. 

She walked over to the booth and picked up a jar of blue jelly. "Here, give it to your pokemon. They'll love it." 

 I took the jelly and smiled, she waved goodbye and then went to the booth with her husband and her mother. I found it so moving, she was being so kind and caring. I wandered around and found N. 

"You got jelly." He smiled. 

"Can we go home?" I felt so shocked about everything that just happened, I really wanted to lie down and just watch TV or something. 

"Sure, I've got what I needed." He said, lifting up a small, cloth bag of vegetables. I quickly grabbed his hand. Suddenly, I felt very safe. His hand was soft and warm, and he smiled and held my hand too. We walked back to the house. Being followed a short distance by Zorua. I think I should thank her, she was the reason that I was here.