Just Keep Running *Pokemon Black* [Chapter 9]

Chapter 9- 

"Why are you looking so fancy?" I asked N as he walked into the living room. He was dressed as he normally was, but his hair was combed more, and it looked like he had trimmed it and he was wearing his black hat for the first time in awhile. 

"I do not know how to tell you something." He said as he sat next to me on the couch. 

I could feel my heart begin to speed up. "What?" I asked softly. 

"My-uh, father wants me to help him take care of something." He said, adjusting his hat. 

I raised my eyebrows and responded, "Your father?" I didn't even know that N's dad was still alive, I really thought he was all on his own. 

"Yeah, I know I have never mentioned my father." 

"Yeah, why are you," I paused, thinking of how to word it. "What are you doing for him?" 

N avoided my eyes and looked out the window behind me for a moment. "He just, has this mission. It is not easy to explain."

"Well do you want to do it or not?" I asked him. 

He looked over to me and shrugged his shoulders. "I believe in what he wants me to tell people, so I really do not want to let my father down." 

I knew there was no way I could convince him to not do what his father wants him to. "If you really believe in it, that's fine. When do you think you'll be coming back?" 

"It could be a long time."

I hugged him tightly. "When are you leaving?" I asked. 

"Tomorrow." He whispered. 

We parted and I looked into his crystal green eyes. In the past few months, N and I had became so close. Whenever I saw him, I felt a warmth inside of me, and I could feel my heart speed up when I look into his eyes. I couldn't bear the thought of him leaving me for a long time. 

That night, N and I fell asleep together on the couch. He was right next to me, with his arm around my waist, and his hand enclosed in mine.

In the morning, we had to say goodbye. We held each others hands in the foyer. There were a few people outside the door, packing up a car. They were dressed in a sort of knight uniform, at least I thought that was what they were supposed to be resembling. 

I looked up to him and did what I had been thinking about for awhile now. I pressed my lips to his and kissed him.  He seemed alarmed, but he slowly kissed me back. We broke and he just hugged me for a moment. 

"You have to promise that you won't find some really hot girl out there when you're traveling." I told him. 

"Do not worry." 

We separated so I could look into his eyes. "Promise me that you won't get hurt too, that you'll make those freaks in the driveway protect you." 

He smirked, "Shh, I am going to be fine. My father made sure that they are strong enough to protect me, and they have the same beliefs as my family." 

"I still haven't even heard these beliefs." 

"If I do a good enough job, you will find out by yourself." He said and tapped my nose, making me giggle. 

We finished our goodbyes and he went off to go do who-knows-what. I can only hope one thing out of his journey: that he comes back okay and his mission won't hurt anyone else. I doubt it will though, N is as gentle as a flower. 

Two weeks later, I went to town to see Mrs. Renolds. I had kept my promise to Jennifer and I was helping out with her. She was doing okay, she would forget why she was where she was the most often. She asked who was tending to the daycare a lot. Jennifer said that she had developed an imagination, and had sometimes forgotten the difference between dreams and reality. That just made me wonder if N had really bought the daycare.

"Do you know who bought the daycare?" I asked her, as we sat in her dining room, putting together a puzzle with Mrs. Renolds looking over the pieces. 

"I don't, I haven't even been down to town since I picked up my parents. You should go check out the daycare, see what they've done to it." 

"The daycare? Oh, I have to get to work, that girls Emolga will be so upset if I don't." Mrs. Renolds said, looking terrified.

"Mom, that girl took her Emolga home two days ago. There's no pokemon there now." Mrs. Renolds got so upset whenever we would tell her that she didn't have the daycare anymore. We just turned it into that business is extremely slow. 

"Oh yeah." She murmured and put a puzzle piece down. 

I left after lunch and decided to go down to town, and see what it was like since I left. Something jumped out of the bushes as I walked down the street and practically tackled me. I looked to see that it was Zorua. 

"Wow, shouldn't you be with N? He'll be upset when he realizes that you've left him." She shook her head. "Oh, are you trying to say that he sent you to protect me or something?" She nodded and I smiled. "Well all right." 

I continued on the street, with Zorua following right next to me. We soon got to the town. It was such a flashback of when I lived here. I walked by the Pokemon Center, where I would steal food, and I went through the trees and found where I used to live. I lifted myself up into the trees and smiled for a moment. Life was so different a few months ago, before I met N. 

I jumped down and went to the daycare center. 

It didn't look anything like it used to. 

It was painted silvery blue, white, and black. The colors seemed all too familiar. I could hear someone inside. I walked closer and felt Zorua pulling on my jeans. I shook my leg and she flew off. I went closer and looked into the window. 

There was a Gothitelle doing the move Psychic on a group of people. There was an instructor in the front, he was speaking but I couldn't really understand what he was saying. I put my ear against the window and tried to listen. 

"And all of you, will always, under whatever circumstances, protect N. Every trainer should have to go through you to get to him." The instructor said. 

"Oh my god!" 

I must have said that really loud, since everyone in that room turned their head to me, including the Gothitelle, ready to attack.